View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #78
Mitch44
Grade 1

FU # 57

The first part of this we have previously discussed.

Pg. 16 "Mark shares my view on what is really the most important factor in successful handicapping." Note: These Follow Ups " Once Again from the top" were all written by Sartin himself,all quotes are from him unless otherwise stated. Mark refers to Mark Cramer,who on pg. 17 states;" Even a computer whiz like Howard Sartin has declared in public and has written on various occasions,that the inspiration factor is what separates winners from underachievers."

To those that never met Sartin his educational field was Psychology and in many of the Follow Up's he published articles titled; " The Psychology of Winning." Additionally he published a manual by the same name, which was;"AN INTRODUCTION TO WIN THERAPY." I'm proud to have a copy of that, not sure if this is the library here at P & C. However the articles appear throughout the Follow Ups. These are most likely the less referenced or read of any of his writings. I suspect most think,I didn't buy a program for this crap.

Around 1963 while bored in the barracks at Ft. Campbell I borrowed a book from a book worm titled; Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. The meaning is Greek for steersman of the mind.The gist of it is the visualization by the mind to accomplish something such as hitting a golf ball with the perfect swing or making a basket from a foul line. As an example 30 minutes of this would equal actually doing it on a driving range or in the gym. Many professional athletes today use it.

Most just don't realize the power of the mind and how our thoughts can direct our success. The power of positive thoughts verses negative thoughts that lurk within us. This is very self evident in elite military units which allows them to excel and accomplish things that the common soldier can't and an attitude that exists in many successful people. "The most important factor." Very strongly I say,don't underestimate it.

Pg. 18 "Perhaps he's been infected with the old "Beyer" syndrome that confuses pace itself with Early Pace." "And PACE is not Early Pace." Pace considers the whole race and all three Fractions. Jimmy "The Hat" Bradshaw understood this right from the beginning with Sartin as he was a H.S. track coach, and talk about someone being zoned in at the track, Jimmy was the perfect example.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 07-03-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote