View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 01:25 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Conley - this is so great you'll be going to Saratoga this year, and with your family! I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience, as it has been for me and my Mum over the years.

Regarding mobility and parking - most years we went I would drop Mum off at the Main Entrance and she would walk the few hundred meters into the track to where we were gathered, or someone would accompany her. Then I would re-park the car (once in a nearby parking lot or street, but usually at Charlie B/Gandalf380's condo) and walk back.

My best advice then for someone or a group with mobility issues is to take a cab or Uber from your hotel and simply get dropped off at the Main Entrance on Union Avenue. Build this cost into your budget for the 2 days (and book the rides ahead of time). Check with your hotel if they have a courtesy or paid shuttle. Don't bother trying to navigate the several official parking lots near the entrance or the various offsite parking spots: you may cruise around more than you expected and find yourselves at an unexpected distance from the entrance. The peace of mind of knowing what to expect in mobility situations takes a lot of the stress out of it, letting you all physically and mentally enjoy all the rest of the spectacle!

Enjoy the trip!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote