View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
Dorianmode
always learning

nhPlay / AMWest

I can personally attest that this is a great service. I especially like the auto-dutch computation service in the win screen. No more calculations at the last minute for what my dutch should be ... on whatever number of horses you choose. It gives you the payoff, and calcultes itself the $ for each horse, based on your total wager. It updates itself every 60 seconds, based on the dollars in each horse's pool and you learn you can watch the loading process, and the seconds since update, and get the best possible dutch, which would be impossible if you were doing it by hand, individually. I won't say how much my rebate totals are since I joined, but it's NOT a trivial amount of money.

One suggestion ... keep their phone handy. Now and then, you get a late scratch. AMWest does not process, (apparently) an electronic wager cancel late in the loading process, (to make it impossible, I assume, for someone to try to manipulate the odds) .. however they always INSTANTLY answer their phones .. you can call, and verbally have them cancel your wager(s), if you need to redo your dutch, or bets, based on a late, unexpected scratch. I've only had to do it a couple times .. no problem with that.

Oh, one more thing .... read their rules and written docs. The IRS has ruled that rebates are not income, and do not need to be declared as winnings.

Gary W., the rep, is a great guy. He always gets back to you immediatley, if you have a question. He's called me from home, on his days off. They have great customer service.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote