View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #11
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post

Meanwhile, while not being indelicate, to see what a horse has been able to do in its past 10 efforts - well, we have the glorious details in the running lines. Older than that - can you rely on whether the info is still relevant, or reproducible today (e.g. once upon a time, won or placed in a race near today's distance at today's track, while not having done so recently or been entered by connections to do so recently ...)? Just asking.

Ted
We have talked about this before in person, but i would like all the horses pacelines over it’s career. For starters, knowing what the horses ceiling is, and it’s low points year by year can be very informative. Knowing if a horse is regressing as it ages, or if an injury has taken a step away from the horse can be useful. Knowing if a particular surface/distance was attempted and how the horse faired on said surface/distance can be very useful. There have been times when i have looked at the S/D and it shows 1 attempt similar to today’s race, but it doesn’t tell me what actually happened in said race. It might not be very useful when looking at recency, and the last ten lines are probably all you need, but there have been times i wish i had the running lines from that particular race. As well, some horses run more than ten times a year, and having all the pacelines is important to me when looking at form cycles.

Not that i plan on moving over to the dark side, but TimeFormUS offers all the horses pacelines over it’s career, and seeing that it’s one of your competitors....... i don’t have to explain the rest. I know you have a lot on your plate and you get a million requests, but one thing i really like about TFUS is the fact that they offer a breeding rating for each horse, and this is paramount for me when dealing with FTS, and seeing that i play Woodbine, i have to deal with a ton of firsters. Food for thought.....
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote