View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 05:55 PM   #15
DanBoals
Grade 1

Not to dump my life history on you, but to give a little context as to why I have some info that was not made public... I bought Synthesis in 1999 while living in LA and working as a software developer. I was having a hell of time trying to be profitable with the Trackmaster version, I loved not having to enter data, but was miserable at using the software successfully. Somewhere around 2000, I called to get some help and spoke with Howard and he said if I have a day off, to drive out to Banning and he would see what I was doing and offer advise.

When I went to his office, we got to talking and when he found out I wrote software, he asked me to look at Synthesis and figure out what it would take to make a Windows version. I spent a couple weeks going over the Synthesis software, which is why I have the source code for it, and I made some minor recommendations to it, which Guy implemented, things like using the same constant in the equations on all the different pages, so that something like SPN would show the same value on every page of the software and therefore be a little bit harder to reverse engineer. Once I had a decent idea of what Synthesis did and how it did it, I spent the next couple weeks talking to Howard about what he wanted in a Windows version of the software, and I still have a lot of my notes from those talks. This is how I got straight from Howard the theory of what a lot of variables meant.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote