View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 05:15 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoals View Post
Hey Henrio,

The way that Ted explained it to me was that Trackmaster downloads 12 lines, so you can always get up to 12 lines as long as the horse has run 12 races.

RDSS 2 saves the past performances in the database and so if you download that horse for multiple races over the course of a year say, because of the RDSS database, you might be able to display 20 races or even more as an example if you have it set that high.

If you have it set to 20 say and you only have 12 lines available, it only shows 12 lines. Just like if a horse only has 5 races, it will only show 5 lines even if you have it set to show the last 10.

Dan
Thanks Dan for responding to this - somehow I missed it. The technical answer is: a maximum of 99 lines. If you had a multi-year database for a single track or local circuit with all race days for several years, you can accumulate a lot of races for the local horses.

You can show as many as needed for the purposes you want to see so many past lines: some people want to see how an older horse rounds into form, how it typically responds when challenged, how it typically declines in form, has its running style changed in the past then changed again - is it seasonal, trainer-related, etc. Some may consider this 'over-thinking'.

My opinion FWIW - 12 lines or a couple of years worth is enough to make good decisions. But the option is there. Good luck Henrio! (Perhaps one of these years you'd like to try RDSS :-))

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-20-2022 at 05:18 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote