Thread: RDSS 2 Update
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 01:42 PM   #15
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Ted,
the enclosed file is a good example of my suggestion for the next update, assuming that you have not already incorporated same.

what I would like to see is a duplicate of the earnings box from the PPs. I have incorporated this info into my recent selection process and it aids clarity in the final decision making process.

Some of what it shows for this race:

#1 13 starts, 2 wins on AW; no wins in 6 starts at six furlongs either surface; no wins at SA

#2 3/7 lifetime at 6 furlongs; only 3 wins at 6 furlongs, but one of which was on AW; ITM half the time at SA

#3 4/29 at 6 furlongs; 0/9 on AW, 3/9 at 6 furlongs and a total of 6/9 ITM placements at 6F; all 4 wins at SA; 7/11 either 1st or 2nd at SA

#4 3/24 overall, all 3 wins on AW; 0/6 at SA with no ITM placements

#7 half of wins at SA; at SA ITM is 100%; 3 wins/12 starts and 8/12 ITM at 6 furlongs

After selecting contenders I look for strong positives and strong negatives for distance, surface and track and note that, all weighed as part of the final selections. I know its not basic Sartin, but it helps making decisions. Even when a strong positive or negative horse does not look to be a contender I consider how such a horse might interact in my matchup, i.e. when a weak E type tips the balance of the race to OTE because of adding to the early race pressure.

Happy New Year and productive capping.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SA123114r2.pdf (169.5 KB, 1575 views)
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote