Thread: Cigar Mile
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 09:07 AM   #22
omar
Grade 1

Cool Response

My goal before I check off this planet is to teach or preach what I have learned in this game for over 50 years. And one thing I have learned is not to gauge horses by final time which is what speed ratings do. It's been proven time and again that horses with last out lower speed ratings beat horses with higher speed ratings. All a high rating guarantees is that the horse will be a short price next out, just like a last out win does also. Never have, never will. Point two, some people refuse to learn, some are incapable of learning but most are open to new ideas. Point 3: Lasix is a performance enhancer just like steroids are for ballplayers. It's banned in professional sports and should be banned once again for race horses. Look, even with a level playing field these trainers continually turn to other drugs to gain an edge just to win a race until they get caught like Asmussen recently. Lasix is probably the single most reason why breakdowns are rampart in the sport today. In the old days a horse would bleed during the race and basically stop running. If you go back in time and check when California horses started using lasix in the eighties you'll see that for the most part when they shipped east to Ky or Ny, those horses would hardly ever win. I say no Lasix or Bute 3 days before race time. If you think I'm wrong, prove it to me!

Last edited by omar; 12-10-2019 at 09:11 AM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote