View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 04:51 PM   #16
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Hello Ted,

These are my suggestions:

1. Note aberrant variants by placing them in red so they will standout to the user when picking or confirming pace lines.

2. Where it shows the POR add the POR 1st FR and the SC. This would allow matchers and everyone a better view of the horse as to what pace it can win against, The POR total energy does not tell how it the horse achieved its POH rating.

3.Provide the old Late Energy rating (rating from the stretch call to finish). This would allow the user to compare it to the 3rd FR to better ascertain where high deceleration took place. This could help determine if a horse can further stretch out or needs to cut back to win.

4. On the FPS screen convert those FPS to a scale of 100 similar to TPR so the user can better understand the numbers. Few if any can determine how much a beaten length is using the FPS screen, particularity with different fractions representing different distances.

Hoping Santa comes,
Mitch44
Hi Mitch,

Re: aberrant variants - such a setting is a good idea, and would have to be based on what the user defines as the "normal" range. Some may prefer a looser/tighter range than others.

I also like the idea of a "simplified" FPS. I know that BLAM users have the option of viewing that program's "Master Pace Rating" (Pizzolla's version of Total Energy) and other compounded velocity ratings in either FPS or a simplified version set to a number scale. Not sure if it would be possible to set the other velocity/energy ratings to such a scale, but IMO it would improve upon the Phase I (PMTR) numbers currently available to us in RDSS.

While on the topic of new ideas, I would like to see the TS+F3 on the Segments screen removed (or user option to remove) in favor of the standalone F3, but keeping it on the BL/BL screen as a Supplemental corollary. Validator's MUG screen only showed F1, F2 and F3 on the graph. I know that FTL has mentioned that the TS+F3 basically weighs F3 twice, as F3 is taken into account in getting the TS rating.

Good stuff, Mitch.

~Tim

Last edited by Jeebs; 03-13-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote