Thread: Guide Me
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:08 PM   #4
Kris R
AlwNW1X

@mowens33 @delivery thank you

Greetings to Ted and All

As you can see in my previous post, the race program here in the Philippines is a lot different it lacks information.
some information about the race program are the horses' winning percentages in each of the three race tracks SL-San Lazaro race track (dirt) SC-Saddles and Clubs race track (dirt) and MT-Metro Turf race track (turf). in SL and SC usually it is GT good track in MT Fast rack. other infos are the horses breed,owner-trainer,jockey... no variant,no medications,speed ratings etc etc a lot is missing..

Anyways, my primary concern is how can I apply the methodology?
for example in race 1 the horse number 2 which is Pusong Bato finished the 1400 meter race, arriving 3rd with a time 1:27.2 or (87.2 seconds) he was beaten 7 lengths. The winner of the race was Gates of Money with a final time of 1:25.8 (85.8 seconds) the clockings of the race were 13.2 22.2 23.2 27.2 ( here we use tenths not fifths)
*note: you will see some ML in other horses which means the horse is beaten by 3.6 seconds or more...

the challenges I face are the following:

1. as i see it there are no clear info about beaten lengths on other clockings except for the final clocking which the horse Pusong Bato is beaten by 7 lengths which can be translated as 1.4 seconds.. is there a way or formula so i can somehow know or approximate the beaten lenghts in other clockings? there is a part of the race program that is a bit confusing for me, when you look at Pusong Bato's last race following the beaten lengths 7L there are two numbers next to it 4 and 2... i assume that it is the position of the horse on the 1/2 and 3/4 portion of the race.. but most of the time i interpret it as the lengths behind on the 1/2 and 3/4 portion of the race... your thoughts? how do you see it? is it the position or lengths behind?. (whenever i see a 0 on that part i assume that the horse is leading and when i see a 1 i assume that the horse is a length behind the leader.... and sometimes i assume that whenever I saw a 1 means the horse is leading.. that is why i am a bit confused).

2. i have read some info about the methodology.. and i am digesting every info about it. still i have question and i need clarifications and guidance... i understand that 1 furlong is approx 200 meters so 1000 meters is 5 furlongs 1200 meters is 6 furlongs and so on and so forth right? now how can i compute for ep sp ap in distances 1000 1200 1300 1400 and other distances up to 2000? what are the formulas? are F1 F2 F3, 1Fr 2Fr 3Fr, and Fr1 Fr2 Fr3 all the same? from my understanding each clocking is 400 meters or 2 furlong right? so what is the distance covered by the ep from the starting gate for the distances 1000 1200 1300 1400 1500 up to 2000 meters?

3. i have read some of the FOLLOW UP am interested in knowing the formula of the primary and secondary corollaries if it is known?... i know that the clockings must be converted to fps so...
is EP is equal to F1 or (F1+F2)/2 ?, TT=F2 only?, LP=F3?!, SP=(EP+F3)/2?, AP=(EP+SP)/2?, HE=(F2+F3)/2?, FX=(F1+F3)/2?, TOTAL ENERGY= F1+F2+F3?
formula for EPR=((F1*2)+F3)/2 or divided by 3 and LPR=(F1+(F3*2))/2 divided by 3?... CPR=(EPR+LPR)/2?
FW=(EP+HE)/2?, %E=EP/AP?, %M=F1+F2/F1+F2+F3?

4. when F1 F2 F3 is already expressed in fps (velocity) is it okay to use this to visualize how the race will unfold?

5. how can i compute for deceleration?

6. how to properly interpret the corollaries after assigning points to them thus it mean the lower the points the horse have the better the horse is?

7. how would you rank the corollaries based on its ability to predict the winner? how can i properly interpret %E and %M?

8. based on the information (refer to my example above) that i can extract or get from our racing form here in the Philippines what formula or corollaries i can use to have an edge..
Pardon me if I have a lot of questions I just want you all to know that I devote a lot of time putting the data on a spreadsheet to analyze the races. racing form here in the Philippines cant be downloaded it is bought in newspaper stands. in my opinion the racing here is so primitive LOL.
I hope that you all will have generous amount of patience and time to understand, answer, and guide me through my learning process of the methodology.

More POWER to ALL
Kris R is offline   Reply With Quote