View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 05:38 AM   #20
wsevhew
Maiden

No Data Showing in Analysis Panel Tabs

Q: First let me say that i really enjoy rdss2. I have encountered a problem. My analysis tab has stopped working. No data is showing. Can you give me some advice to correct?

Q: Previously, after I assembled a race for handicapping, selected pacelines would automatically show up in the Analysis Panel. Now, the Analysis screens are just empty

Q: I just installed RDSS for the first time (or on a new computer for the first time). I thought the software picked pacelines for me. Why are the Analysis Panel screens empty?

A: RDSS selects pacelines automatically (or not) depending on the choices you make in the Paceline Selection Strategy (PSS) dialog window, shown below. When you first install RDSS, the default PSS is '00 Manual (You Select!)'. With this setting, RDSS does not select any pacelines for you and when you open a race, the Analysis Screens will be empty. With this Manual setting, YOU select pacelines yourself by clicking on a line or lines in the horses' PP screens.

If you choose any other PSS (for example, the Default of 'Best Perceptor Last 3 Comparable') and you check the box 'Select Pacelines During Race Assembly' then when you open a race, RDSS will automatically also select pacelines for you according to that strategy (or any other you might choose), and your Analysis Panel screens will have data in them (selected pacelines).

You can have RDSS pick pacelines for you, or not - according to these settings.

(Note: in future versions, the Default PSS will always be the initial one, so out of the box, pacelines will be selected for you, but you can always reset that to Manual if you like - just like you can switch selections now.)

Name:  PSS.png
Views: 2244
Size:  200.1 KB

Last edited by Ted Craven; 02-04-2016 at 08:55 AM.