Thread: Bugs List!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #195
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
That's the version of RDSS that I'm using on a Win 10 machine. I've rebooted and am still having the same problems. Also, each time I launch RDSS, I'm getting the Windows error message asking if I want to run a program from an unknown publisher.
Charles, unfortunately, my RDSS server does not show that you clicked on the Update Registration Info button in the Registration tab, or downloaded any race card using the new version V2.1.049.11. It shows you downloaded AQU earlier today using the previous V2.1.048-a. It would be really helpful for this discussion if you could click that Update Registration Info button.

Re the Windows message asking about the unknown publisher - unfortunately I am not a major software developer which Microsoft knows about and your security settings cause Windows to challenge software signed by publishers not named something like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc ... You can disable this strict level of security scrutiny by changing your User Account Control in your Windows security settings. Otherwise, you have to live with that (un)helpful prompt by Windows trying to shield you from harm.

I would be happy to connect to your computer and watch the switching between RDSS and Excel issues you describe, though this has been observed before for some time, does not happen on any computer I have access to, and I'm not sure I would know what to do about it as it is largely a Windows issue.

But send me an email if you would like to connect computers to check this further - AFTER you click on that Update Registration Button, thanks.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote