View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #24
Bill V.
The egg man

Hope

Hello Mitch

Can you clarify which race you are referring too

Quote:
Would I have had the #1 horse in that 4th race , well in all honesty I can't say without all the other data of that race but there is no doubt long layoff horses win. Judging by the payoff it fooled many bettors on that day. I do know and say one thing and that is you would not have had it as its an automatic toss for you're guidelines. Myself it would not be an automatic toss, whether it survived the rest of my scrutiny is unknown after the fact.
The race I posted, which FTL replied to was race 7 from Santa Anita on 6/14 I posted after the fact. But FTL was only responding to a question I asked everybody in the group.

Name:  what did I see.PNG
Views: 373
Size:  25.7 KB

The race was, I thought good for group teaching/discussion

Anyway, I marked horse 1 as a lone early.
and Pual "Sureshot Link" Lefty, and then FTL replied, Just like I asked everybody to.

A few of the members including you posted comments about the 8 horse which I appreciate, There was some discussion about the #8 as to why some of us marked it as a noncontender.
I marked it as such because to me there was no excuse for that zero effort following the claim and layoff and then drop.

Also, I recall another teaching post by FTL call Horses don't run in a straight line". Whenever I have a true early horse like horse 1 way inside posts
to an off-form early horse. I discount the outside early as having to use more energy to clear the pack and crossover or get caught too wide

Surely I would like to see races presented both before and after the fact
Especially the way FTL goes into detail about why he uses strict guidelines.
I doubt anybody would take the time to post races just for their ego's
We are a close group here, I believe in folks honesty. The posting are not only for themselves but they keep the spirit of Pace and Cap and Doc's work alive.

Friends helping friends Win

Thank you and Best Skill always
Bill