Thread: The Unicorn
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

The Unicorn

She expressed gratitude for the work you and Richie and me are doing to officially carry on Howard’s work, and stated on behalf of her entire family their thanks that Doc’s work was properly being represented and not ‘expropriated and modified’ as she phrased it. She gives ‘official’ blessings (with a chuckle in her voice) to your request to use the unicorn logo for the masthead of Paceandcap and offered to look up depictions of it in old Follow Ups, but I said you had as good quality artwork as anything. You should consider that a go-ahead for finalizing the artwork, and let me know if you want me to look at any proofs.

Name:  basetoTed copy.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  20.2 KB

She shared with me that Howard loved that unicorn and atomic orbits logo idea, and that it represented on the one hand (by the unicorn), the dream, the vision quest, the loftier-than-this-world goals (the right brain side) that horse-player/handicappers have, and on the other hand (by the atomic orbits) the science and the rigour of the analysis and research component (the left-brain side). These two ideas were a foundation to his Methodology, and that logo truly represent Doc’s baby, the Sartin Methodology. Mary said she and her family are of the opinion that that Methodology is in good hands, and that means a lot to them.

Last edited by Bill V.; 06-17-2009 at 02:42 AM.