Thread: Who's Coming?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #36
barb craven
Grade 1

Hi folks:

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your company. It was so good to be able to put faces to names. What a wonderful bunch of people we have here. Mariana was very gracious and her memories she shared with us of her childhood with her Grandpa put the icing on the cake so to speak.

Joe and Ester were so sweet, and Mike I'm so glad you brought Sylvia along. Now I have a picture when you needle me. LOL . Darrel - such fun being with you, I hear you did really well with your last few $$$. And Bill T. I learned a lot from you and it was so enjoyable. And through the week Bill V., what a friend! Max, Chris, and especially Charlie and Missy for their over-the-top hospitality. And of course my son Ted, and when she came, my daughter-in-law Alison. If I've left anyone out, I apologize, the whole week was such a whirlwind of excitement.

I must say a thank you to the PA guys too for their kind hospitality in the tent. The day it rained all day they went out of their way to help us get everything high and dry.

Ted's posting the pictures from both of us. I think more will come when he gets home.

I'm still traveling too. I'm now in St. Catharines and went to Ft. Erie track with a friend yesterday. We didn't realize it was only running Sun, Mon, Tues. so we went there on the fly and got there in time for the fourth race I used RDSS and some of my new-found knowledge to come in with 3 wins and an exacta.

Wow! A good time was had by all!