View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
Mitch44
Grade 1

9Th Del Mar 12 Aug. 17, 2 year old UNKNOWNS

#1 w2 for 2, few horses win two in a row while stepping up in class. When challenged in last met it and is a fighter. May not have to run that fast against these. A knock here is he decelerated rapidly in last and today is stretching out another 1F and may be too early. There is almost always cheap speed in a race especially for a Purse of $200,000. It’s hard to say if he is too E or did what he had to and may not get that fast of a pace today. As long as he’s winning I’m leery of throwing him out especially with a two horse bet. Contender.

#2 an unknown factor. W only start so true ability unknown. Gets 1st L today also has a new trainer since last win, going from a 6 % trainer to a 15% therefore should improve. Coming from GP to ship in for this, someone thinks something of him. Due to improve and 20/1 M/L

#3 Foreign horse that has w 2 for 2 and gets 1st L today, the best foreign horses come from France not PR therefore I’ll take a stand against and toss.

#4 an improving horse that won last with 1st B on but at 8F on the Turf, conditions today don’t seem to fit this one, does rate and 10-1 ,may pick up a piece because rates. Toss!

#5 Won last with 1st B on, improving and top unknown. Only 2 races but may be a NTL & if so the # 1 will out run him. Was a fighter in first start so may have needed the race, Baffert horse who trains for speed. Contender.

#6 only one race so ability??? Unknown factor. Doesn’t have the speed to keep up or a closing HE to be a win candidate.

#7 another unknown. Last is a throw out as he was way up in class, had to ship overseas and tried turf. Trainer must of thought highly of the horse to ship etc. broke Mdn. On an off track so real ability is hidden. Contender, M/L only 4-1, not much for the risk.

#8 won last and improved, may have too much deceleration for this bunch and going an extra furlong. Toss

Order 1-5-4-7-6 The 1 & 5 will be bet down, only way to make money is they don’t run one two and one wins and 4,7,or 6 can get a place at a price for a good EX. A small win bet on the 4 & 7 is a worthy bet and the 1 & 5 for an EX if one of them does win. If they run w & p you’re looking at a pitiful $ 8 or 10 dollar EX

Another way is if the 1 or 5 wins is to play the DD;
Race 8 & 10 are ugly races, I would look for a lot for a little as there are many unknowns in them and small DD

8th race 1-3-11 & 10th race 9-6-1-3 I think the odds on these will be good enough to place a small win bet also on them and in the 10th play the 3 highest odds horses of the four.
Good skill,
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote