Thread: Newbie ?s
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #41
kevbrim
AlwNW1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
kev:
If you put it up I'll do that . Of course someone else may disagree.

Horses run slower in route races so looking for a competitive internal time of other sprinters in the race is not the answer. An internal time in a route race must be adjusted.

Mitch44
I've got so many races in my brain right now I'm not sure if I could locate it quickly. It has happened a couple times so next time it comes up I'll screen shot it. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "an internal time must be adjusted".

Also
So I'm 62(7 cards) races into my paper betting. I started keeping track once I felt like I had a basic handle of the system and software. I'm still going through the following ups. Think I'm on 77 right now.

I did some number crunching this morning and here is what I've got.

62 races handicapped
21(34%) Winners
22(36%) Losers
19(31%) Passed

I'm doing the $2 Win bets on two horses(a couple times I've thrown in exacta/3 horses)
Total bet $182. Total return $269.8 for ROI of 1.48. I'm pretty excited about that!
BUT. Most of the ROI is from 2 highly profitable cards.
5 winning cards (3 of which were basically break even, 1 of those if it were not for winning 3 of last 4 would have been ugly)
2 losing cards.

So I know its my money and I got to do what I decide to do. But in your opinions should I keep doing some paper bets to work on consistency or go ahead and jump in. 4 of the cards were with the example databases and 3 were working along with live races.
In the live races I would have bet 44 and returned 48. With 2 losing cards and the one I salvaged with 3 of last 4. I think I probably just answered my own question. Haha.
kevbrim is offline   Reply With Quote