View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #5
lone speed
Grade 1

Daily Racing Form article...

"Last weekend, New Yorker Joseph Appelbaum won the Breeders’ Cup Betting Challenge, netting $364,000. Appelbaum, 48, runs Off the Hook Stables, a racing and breeding operation located in Ocala, Fla. Daily Racing Form caught up with him in the aftermath of his big win."

Joseph Appelbaum had a plan and put his money where his " opinion" was strongest....
From DRF.....

What was your plan coming in to the contest?

"On Friday, I mostly treaded water trying to keep both bankrolls intact. In the Distaff, I bet $5,000 to win on Beholder, essentially emptying one account. I was very fortunate, but it put me in good position for Saturday.

On Saturday, I was mostly interested in betting on Om, Arrogate, and the Euros in the turf races. If Om had gotten up, I would have been in a really strong position, but likely so too would a lot of other players. I then built up my smaller bankroll so I had two chances to get home in the last two races. In the Classic, I hit a $13,000 one-way exacta, Arrogate over Chrome. I also played a $1,000 exacta Arrogate over Effinex."

Last edited by lone speed; 11-10-2016 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Name correction
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote