View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 02:14 PM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
To Ted Craven, Bill V and the staff -

Thank you very much! Going to the track tonight at CT. Absolutely LOVE RDSS. Made several thousand dollars this past weekend. I couldn't have done it without Pace and Cap. I take no credit. Many good things in life are a product of somebody's hard work, blood sweat and tears over the years setting the foundation for others. The knowledge, computer science and math behind RDSS, I couldn't explain it to anyone else if I tried. Besides, many players are handicapped by myths and beliefs that simply are not true and sadly they don't want to learn. So Thanks a million for everything. Tonight, I will drink a toast to Pace and Cap and all the men of yesteryear and today who made it all possible: Doc Sartin, Jim Bradshaw, Cramer, Mitchell, Brohamer, Mahl, Quinn, Schmidt and many more.

I think the greatest concepts in RDSS are VDC, POH, and the Matchup. FW and LPR, TSF3 in route races. I've read a lot of handicapping books over the years and when RDSS came along, it was a collection of all the finer concepts in a computer program. The Match Up is unbelievable, to explain the concept is one thing, but to have it on a computer screen is absolutely awesome with the work done for you. Reading the Follow ups, I just shake my head at the knowledge presented. The time and effort put in to developing these concepts is beyond words.

Many horse players try to woo me into giving them my picks and I kindly decline. I have paid my dues and sometimes I would like to ask them: (Where were you when I lost? Did you console me?). I wish many would take the time and learn the sport and it would pay off for them in time. But like anything in life, nothing is free, you have to work hard for it.

So when I say thank you, it is heartfelt. Thank you to the professional handicappers of days gone by who laid down the foundation for future players and thank you Mr. Craven for all your hard work. Many times in life we don't take the time to thank our mentors, so I want you to know I appreciate what you are doing for the horse players of the future. Thanks to Ritchie P, Bill V, For The Lead, and Rmath for their valuable insight. Good Luck to you and Barbara and to all your future endeavors. Never give up!

Ray C.
All I can say is ... I am so grateful to be a part of all this. I echo your sentiments 100%. The 'toast' is returned to you, sir!

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote