View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 04:51 PM   #20
Lasix1
AlwNW1X

Smile The Best There is.....

I'm happy to add my voice of praise to the many who have responded with glowing testimonials about RDSS and especially about Ted.

I have been involved with Howard Sartin since first reading about him while doing research on the deficiencies of the medical model applied to gambling. (I'm a professor and thinking about complex problems is nothing new.) Howard put it all to rest when he said that the problem with "problem gamblers" wasn't gambling, it was losing and the "cure" for losing was winning. That cut a Gordian knot for me and I had to know more about the guy. When I started betting on horses in the late 1980's I first contacted PIRCO and got a hand-written note back from Howard welcoming me to the group. I read the material voraciously, listened to the tapes of the workshops, tried out some of the programs and it all improved my bottom line. I spent some time on the phone with Jim Bradshaw and could not believe how patient and helpful he was with such a newcomer. Later when I found out that Howard was sick my heart went out to him and, like others, I wondered what would happen with his organization. Imagine my delight when I found out about RDSS and saw that it had the imprimatur of Howard in the form of Ted Craven.

RDSS was a dream come true. It automated so many things that were tedious and time-consuming in "Energy," "The Matchup" and "Phase I." No more typing in fractions and beaten lengths. I had died and gone to handicapping heaven! And the winners just kept coming.

Three things impress me about RDSS. 1) the program itself as I've said; 2) Ted Craven, one of the most honest and ethical people I've ever known (as others have pointed out) and 3) the people who post on PACE 'n CAP. They are singularly supportive and helpful. I've been on other horse-racing forums before discovering PACE 'n CAP and they often sound more like a faculty meeting---full of criticism, vitriol, Talmudic disputes about nothing, and contempt for each other instead of the quiet, reasonable and all-for-one spirit that characterizes our board. My sense is that it all comes from the character and fundamental goodness of Ted Craven.

The customer service at RDSS is absolutely first rate. I found this out on many occasions, but especially one Saturday morning last fall when suddenly I couldn't get my Trackmaster RDSS files to load into my laptop. I was in a panic. Ted quickly straightened it out (does the guy ever sleep?) and I realized for the first time why I was in a panic. Because it dawned on me that I am now officially incapable of handicapping without RDSS!

Thank you, Ted for this beautiful program, for keeping it all going, and for just being you.

Last edited by Lasix1; 03-31-2016 at 04:55 PM. Reason: small mistakes
Lasix1 is offline   Reply With Quote