View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #40
Old Arkie Gal
Grade 1

XCEEDZIP.DL Caveat

This morning when I tried to open RDSS I was unable to do so. An error message pop up indicated there was a conflict with the xceedzip.dll file. I have another copy of RDSS that has been renamed. I want to make some comparisons between 2 different config. settings. The same pop up error message appeared. If you read this and it sounds like gobbledygook, it is because you haven’t had a problem with the xceedzip file. I started looking for a fix and found one in the FAQ section. I followed the directions. Found the xceedzip file in both copies, but not in Win system 32 so I did not have to delete it there. I found the regdll.bat file double clicked and tried to reopen RDSS neither would open. I closed and rebooted still nothing. I think this may have happened, as Ted suggested in the fix, that a program, CCleaner, that I had downloaded earlier this morning was causing the conflict. So I went to the next step – uninstall. I tried that and got as far as the retry, ignore, ? can’t remember the 3rd option. I could not get past that part, but part of the program uninstalled. I never got to “the don’t delete the data base” option. I got a little nervous because my 2018 races were on the remaining RDSS. So I decided to do the update/install. When I finished, the reinstalls worked perfectly except all my 2018 races were gone. Boo Hoo. I don’t know what I did wrong. I have a bad habit of hitting the key board when something doesn’t work, that’s my approach to a fix . Also, I don’t remember everything that I tried and I roughly remember the order of my actions (my feeble 82 yr old mind). I just want to offer this message of caution to anyone having a problem with the xceedzip error message. Proceed with caution. Ted, I did get this message sometime during my button punching. I saved it thought it might be of some help to you. I will have to PM it to you if I can I don't know how to do it here.
Pat