Thread: Saratoga 2018
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #154
barb craven
Grade 1

This is soewhat long-winded. I'm doing this from the train which I will be on all day, so bear with me friends if there a few mistakes. Thank you all for the congrats on that win. That's another thing I can take off my bucket list - a dream I've always had.

I just wanted to clear up one thing. Charlie and I came by the 7 using our own methods. He has his own that I can't even begin to fathom. How he comes up with the winners day after day for the local paper when he has to pick them three, or is it two days ahead of time is a wonder.

I, after taking a 6 month hiatus, was trying out again some of the skills I have learned from rmath after working with him and Old Arkie Gal for over 3 years. My BL/BL screen looks a little different from the one Ted put up because I didn't include the 1 in my contenders. Without the 1, the 7's VDC ties for #1 instead of being #2 which, together with his small move improvements in his last few races, and of course, the price, was enough to encourage me to take a gamble (with the last of NYRA's money that I won last Friday),of w,p along with the exacta with the 3 whom I also had a w,p on.

Charlie and I spent the last few minutes before the race discussing all the reasons we had for using him.
Attachment 46990