View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #14
mufasa
Grade 1

Richie:

First let me say thanks a million to you and “The Hat” for this advanced training on use of the Match Up. Pace line selection is always the most critical aspect of most methodologies and here we will be getting it directly from the people who know best.

Your statement [quote] A "Power Line" is the fastest pace of race showing where the horse finished competitively. Regardless of track or where it is in the past performances. [end of quote] is straight forward enough. The immediate problem that I have is what happens when the horse has not run at today’s distance, especially if it is an early runner? Or if the horse has run at several distances would you just utilize the competitive race at today’s distance (I would think so).

I know that you and JB do not like to use too much adjusting but in the case of regulating the pace call times for different distances what is the best approach? Right now I have a problem with the RDSS equalization, normalization, and adjustment of races at different distances as to the Match UP. It seems that in some cases the pace call times are adjusted beyond reason. For example so times the 2nd call in a sprint is adjusted to 42 or even 41 which is super fast.

Sorry for the winded post but this is a very interesting subject,

Robert