Thread: Bugs List!
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 03:34 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowens33 View Post
Ted, this is another example from tomorrows Woodbine Card.
Sort 8F and 8.5F
Race 7 has Race 2 enters
Thanks, Mike
Mike,

1. From your screens, I don't understand the SEQUENCE of events which lead you to clicking on one race in the Sidebar, yet getting a different race in the right-side window. I have tried to duplicate both the example you show, and a number of other tests where I filtered the initial set of races to a subset, then clicked on members of that subset in the left Sidebar. Everything worked as advertised. Which makes it difficult to correct errors (i.e. if everything works fine).

2. I only suggested comparing a FUTURE Race Cards by Date Sidebar which looks kind of like the existing MyRaces Sidebar for Pook to get a flavour of where I was heading. However, there are a number of issues and enhancements to that mechanism which I need to flesh out. For APPEARANCE, and ease of navigation without that bottom row of removed race tabs - this mechanism is where we're headed.

3. When I start to flesh out the Sidebar, if it still misbehaves for you, we can connect computers for you to show me. it could be a sequence of actions which I do not use which results in the problem.

4. Meanwhile - I suggest you use the MyRaces filter to FIND the races you are interested in, then switch back to Race Cards by Date to actually open them. (And certainly, to Assemble All - per Bug #2 - MyRaces will crash pretty quickly after Assembling more than about 15 or so races at once).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote