Thread: Bugs List!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #147
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here's my report of testing this tote 'stalling' problem. I am using a slightly newer version that most of you (who got a testing version at Saratoga).

Thursday
- Assembled ALL Belmont races the night before. Thursday noon opened BEL and race 1 tote appeared. After Race 1 was official, the tote automatically rolled over to race 2. Races 2 - 9 all showed tote data automatically - no restart required.
-Assembled ALL Gulfstream West races TODAY (not the night before). Race 1 tote appeared, then rolled over to Races 2 - 8. Tote data displayed fine, no stalling in any race.
-for FL, LRL - did not Assemble ALL races in advance, rather just let each race get assembled as the tote rolled forward race to race. For all races beginning with Race 1, tote data displayed normally and continued with no stalling for the rest of the races for each track
- PEN, RP, SA: started in AFTER race 1 (e.g. began with Races 3,4,5, etc). Tote displayed fine with each track's initial race and continued normally until the end (except RP, which I closed before the end)

Friday
Opened WO, BEL, GPW and KEE before race 1 and went out for the afternoon (Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend, only dry day forecast here ). I did not Assemble any races in advance, just automatically race by race. When I returned, all races had run, all captured tote data normally.

I tried testing several difference usage scenarios where tote is happening -- Assemble ALL the day before, Assemble ALL today, Assemble none in advance - only race by race, join a card of races before Race 1, join it after Race1.

For all the above tests, I ran each track in a separate instance of RDSS. I used 2 computers for this, both running Win10, with up to 4 RDSS instances running at the same time.

So -- I cannot duplicate the reported 'tote stalling', requiring a restart for the rest of the races, or some kind of swapping dance between separate RDSS instances for the same race card.

I am using a slightly updated RDSS 2.1, but I don't remember making ANY changes to the tote system that would act differently from what I distributed for testing around Saratoga time.

HOWEVER, let me tune up this version I tested with and send it out to a few of you to see if you still get what you report or if the problem has resolved in the way my tests above show. If there are still problems, I'll have to connect remotely to a few of your computers to observe it happening and understand what the differences in usage might be.

Thanks everyone for your reports!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote