Thread: Vector Graphs
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 01:30 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dan, I vaguely remember that. Remind me the FU Issue - is it #63?

I wonder, on net balance, how the graphing of PoR / PoH differential is different from how Doc evolved the Dream Race presentation as shown on the RDSS Segments screen? The best segments (the 'Dream Race/Segments') are shown with RED colouring and everyone else shown/ranked in units-converted-to-beaten-lengths worse than best/dream.

Then, the staggered positioning of the little horses shows that difference in graphical fashion (with final position weighted by TS-F3).

Is the line graph concept just a different method of showing the same thing, communicating info to some folks in ways the existing, particular Segments graphical portrayal does not? Or -- is it possible that it is a 'comfort' hold-over from earlier software which was what initially captured some folks imagination and thus is welcomed because familiar? BTW Tom - I also loved KGEN, though not as much as Thoromation I guess (and now, not as much as RDSS ).

I only ask this in general - because, of course, anything can be programmed, but does it give ENOUGH extra value to ENOUGH people to warrant the time spent on it (and conversely, time NOT spent on other things ...). As a programmer, I know you know this calculus

Thanks Dan for a blast from the past - looking forward to a quick read if you can point me there.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote