View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
lone speed
Grade 1

Rmath's contender elimination using CSR rankings

Rmath.....

I was rereading your comments about narrowing the true contenders in a race by using the CSR rankings in RDSS 2.0... I think that your initial research holds a lot of promise and potentials. I was curious about some update info on your research.

You wrote:

PHP Code:
When I started comparing the WINNERS rankings on these two ratings I wanted to see if it was possible to narrow most races down to as few horses as possible.
What I found was that the Winner in over 90of my playable races had a rating of 4 or lower on one of the two sets of numbers.
From these contenders I then looked to see how many were actually rated in the top 4 on both and then broke it down even farther.

rmath 
I truly believe that your research is of utmost importance to follow up, it helps to isolate true contenders....as most may have some issues with this step.....

Some thoughts ......(jmho)

Sprint races might require different evaluations than route races...I prefer using Entropy but now it is V/dc......

Turf races....

Somehow, mile races in turf races required different energy exertions than other distances as we know that the energy distributions in turf races are tilted towards sustained fractions versus the energy distributions in dirt races...this remains a work in progress...

I started using Doc's Entropy program first to weed out the one move late horses.....then evolved ( ) to use other factors in updated Sartin programs.....

Looking forward to your updated research on CSR rankings.....but I have some initial hesitations as horses, who are coming off extended layoffs and whose last paceline was an obvious race tightener, may not fare well in Csr rankings as it gives more weight to the last race's speed rating....

The second place horse contender is usually the counter energy horse that Sartin mentioned a zillionth times.....its energy total or distribution might be lower in energy total or speed rating rankings compared with the true matchup contenders...This Dph (designated place horse) or the top hidden energy horse is key to isolating a race's matchup.......

Good skills