View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sohil,

I worked Hong Kong Happy Valley this morning, all 8 races. For Race 1 I came up with 1-9-4-2 at 0 MTP when the red light started flashing (about 1 minute to go). Again, my analysis is based on tote price movement and pool relationships.

Part of my problem is waiting too late to get all bets down. I got a Quinella down but got shut out placing my dutched Win bet on 9-1-4

The result was 9-2-1-8 (http://racing.hkjc.com/racing/info/m.../20180905/HV/1), good enough for a Quinella (and Tri) - but only if you actually place the bets

As I mentioned elsewhere, right now I am working HK 2 days a week because I think I have a reasonable enough tote-only method and don't have the time right now to work with a whole other set of differently formatted PP data than what we use in North America. But I heartily encourage you and anyone else to try your hand at it with Sartin Methods!

FWIW, HK$ 88,580,604 was bet on this one race, or US$ 11,515,478. My modest bets do not affect the odds (nor do US$100,000 bets ...)

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote