View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 08:58 AM   #25
Mitch44
Grade 1

Hi Ray,

The DTV is accounted for in your setting. I would use the recommended settings of; use 50 % and it should be set on - 15 and + 15 for the range. This setting is pretty much what normal variants fall in for tracks. Outside of these ranges are basically abnormal and their accuracy comes into question.

You can see your settings when you first open the program, than click on the configure Tab. There you can see your settings and it should be set on the recommended setting.

In the example above with the 1,3,6 & 8, the 1,3, & 8 all have very high minus variants which tells me the track was very fast. Much faster than the normal of 0 within RDSS. Proper settings in the program brings those variants back to normal of -15 & or +15 and only uses half of that. So the 1 & 3 with -24 would only be adjusted 7.5 of the norm of -15, not 24.

Variants are mostly effected by the weather, particularity rain, wind and maintenance. All weather tracks are less effected by this and are more stable.

In some cases such as yesterday there were several of these and the horses didn't have another usable line. Proper settings helps eliminate all this noise or crazy variants. Bottom line is you'll win more races with the recommended settings. Sartin and his group spent years of testing to come up with the proper settings.

There are those that don't believe in adjusting races, particularity Matchers, however Bradshaw did this all the time and made these adjustments in his head. He showed us at a seminar how he did it. Its not hard but time consuming and better left for the RDSS program to handle. Matchers would win many more races if they used the program to assist them. The adjustments and DTV is just one of them.

Of the example above of the 1,3,6 & 8, I would choose the 6 as the best horse. Of those 4.
Just use the proper settings and let it rip and you'll get more winners. Also know when to stay out of very iffy races where the data or too many questions exists.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 08-01-2021 at 09:01 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote