Thread: Bugs List!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #248
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I am receiving reports today that many races on the Pimlico Preakness day card fail to assemble properly - the Entries screen is missing lots of data.

I can confirm this from my own testing and I further notice that in races with Scratches, the current RDSS version appears to stall - gives the 'not responding' Windows message. RDSS works normally when assembling races which have no scratches regardless of the track.

This is the case even when the suggested setting in the Configure File to Disable Tote (Tote_enabled=0 - see http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=219 ). That Disable Tote setting does not apply to periodic checking for Scratches. And disconenctin from the internet is also not a solution since RDSS currently requires a connection else you get various errors (also something I am changing).

Somehow, TwinSpires must be suddenly responding differently today to scratch requests, similarly to how it suddenly began responding differently to tote requests several weeks ago (which precipitated this current emergency version release). I will investigate further, re this scratch problem.

A (not very good) workaround is to check your ADW for upcoming race scratches (at Pimlico or elsewhere) and avoid races with scratches. I know, not a good solution at all.

My plan is - as soon as a testing version is stable - to make ALL access to TwinSpires' servers for everything - optional. That way, when something unexpected happens like this, we can still work around it. I am working on that as fast as I can.

Sorry for the (new) current problems ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-18-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote