View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #24
For The Lead
Grade 1

Well, this thread is going so well I decided to post another race.This one is from Sunday at PARX, the 5th race.

I don't think I have to spell out the guidelines again. It seems everyone pretty much understands them. Whether they agree or not is another matter.

There is one thing I want to cover regarding this race. Where the conditions appear, the full condition for some Starter Allowances (SA) race are not shown. Where the race is a NW2L or NW3L that does appear. Where the condition is NW1X, that does not appear.This also happens to be the condition for today's race.

Here's the rundown:

#1 - last line. There is no reason to choose any other line. The race was 22 days ago on the same surface, at a similar distance and same class.
#2 - NO LINE. The last race is 126 days ago.
#3 - last line. There is no reason to choose any other line. The race was 22 days ago on the same surface, at a similar distance and same class.
#4 - SCR
#5 - NO LINE. All its' races are route races with the exception of a 7.5 furlong race which was on the turf and is too old anyway.
#6 - Line 2. YLast race 14 days ago. Second race back 62 days ago. You can't use the last line at 4 furlongs from Timonium. Line 2 qualifies as a "(+)" race because although it lost 1 position from the first call to the second call, it gained almost 1.5 lengths to be within 2 lengths of the leader at the second call.
#7 - Last line. The race was 14 days ago, same distance, same surface. It is moving up in class.

Before I post the horses and screen shots, take note of the #1, #3 and #7 horses that all have a recent race at today's class level. Make your own judgements.
Attached Images