View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I continue to favour Saturday August 22 - Alabama Day. I hope to be there, like last year for part or all of that week. Last year I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott, near the Albany Airport - 20 minutes south of Saratoga on the Intertstate. $99/night I think. For the seminar part, perhaps I can get a meeting room there for Friday evening, i.e. with internet connection, projector, refreshments. Or something in Saratoga, but it could be busy...

Charlie Bedard booked seats in the outside tents, and I think could do it again (if I can reach him...). Charlie also had some seats (and friends with seats) at the 1/8th pole which folks revolved through - great race-watching! Thanks Charlie!

Would 12 seats in the tent be enough (technically 2 picnic tables, a bit of a squeeze - start your diets now...). Seats cost $10 each last year. What about the Sunday as well?

Members from PaceAdvantage meet in the same location during that week, and there's a certain amount of cross-connection / good-will and great handicappers and fine fellows.

If there's a good case for an earlier or later weekend - then OK. The following weekend is Travers Stakes August 29, and sure to be a zoo.

Let's try to get something settled, such as we're able, by the end of this weekend.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-13-2009 at 02:06 PM.