View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
My original question was trying to touch on whether or not the adjusted times
from RDSS give you the same relative par variant adjusted times that Synergism
would give you, using its own (Purdy's ) algorithms. If so, then Synergism is redundant,
because the rest of its functionality is already embedded in RDSS. That was why I worded
the question the way I did. You can decide for yourself if you felt the question was directly
answered or not. I have found all the answers very interesting.
To the best of my knowledge and experience the answer to your original question is no, RDSS will not give you the same par variant using adjusted times and Trackmaster adjustments. Additionally, the use of the three year best time is not the same as the track record. Furthermore, using the actual distance of the race as opposed to the most common distance will produce different results.

So, what's the advantage of using RDSS to SYN2? In my opinion the advantage lies in importing the raw data as opposed to manually typing it in. Using it in any other manner will produce inferior results to the way SYN2 was designed to be used. This is my best educated guess, not fact.

Sure, it's faster and easier to do everything automatically. But at what cost? How many winners do you miss this way? How many big mutuels do you miss?

I have posted my readouts using SYN2 manually for comparison purposes, but no one has bothered posting their results using the same contenders and pacelines via the automated process. So why bother? I know SYN2 works well the way it was designed to work. How it compares to the adjusted version is anyone's guess.

Sidebar: In no way am I implying that SYN2 is better than the full version of RDSS. For me personally, using it like The Matchup has been profitable. I have nothing but admiration for those who can use The Matchup by eye. I'm not good at it. The SYN2 "crutch" works for me, sort of like a Matchup Hamburger Helper if you will. LOL
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote