View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Bill V.
The egg man

Bill H

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
Bill,

I agree with the TPR screen. The (2) looks like the best sustained in a fast pace race.
If I may suggest that you should try narrowing down your contenders to at least 3 horses and not more then 5. I prefer to use 4 but will use 3 or 5 when necessary.
When Synergism asks you for the track record (Best 3 Year Time) and times for the 2nd call and final time, I would add the adjusted times of all your contenders (up to 5) depending on how many contenders you have. This will give Synergism II a more accurate assessment of the auto variant set up time.
Hi Bill with all respect NO, yes you can suggest it but NO I will not narrow
it down to 3 or 4

Every readout and all pattern's I have grown to use and trust are based on 5
contenders. Anybody who tells me that there are not 5 win contenders
in each race is correct but seeing how the 4th and 5th ranked horse compare to the top 3 is vital to my sucess I am not about to change that
When I see it in print or hear it from Howard Sartins mouth through audio
I will start narrowing down my contenders, till then its almost always 5

As for the set up time I prefer to use the fulcrum or fastest pace of the last race at a similar
distance and from todays track and surface, This too is pure basic Sartin Methodology and as Shoe says If your winning with it keep doing it !

I have decided to just use the adjusted numbers from RDSS so I really don't need track records or 3 year best times I use the set up time/ fastest pace of last race to help me in pace line and contenders selections so I don't need to
type those in either

Thanks
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote