Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
Latekick
Grade 1

In need

I typed hti ssimilar message to one of the users on here, but no wi will make it public because i am really hoping i can find a mentor that will send me on the right path for the rest of my handicapping career.
I used to be a regular around here and posted often but i started to lean away from it after a while. I still am a user of RDSS but i feel like i need more help with the match up or just with anything else rdss, i use rdss2 primarily right now for my handicapping and dont do much of the matchup, i use my models and bet off of what my models tell me but it seems like they are always changing an i cannot stay consistent, I am looking for a serious mentor to help me take my next step, and would you be willing to teach me everything you know because i am the type of student who will absorb and work at everything someone teaches me and i am so eager to make money at this game. I've been handicapping for 5 years now but i just cannot seem to make profits or stick to something that works for me. I have a good understanding of both the matchup and rdss2, its not like i am a newbie with no knowledge. I have read plenty of books, its just i cannot find somehting that works for me and keeps a profit, so all in all, i am looking for an experienced mentor who shows a profit and would be willing to work with me and teach me everything that i need to know to become successful. Thank you guys and good luck today
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
polambi
Grade 1

Latekick, I do not qualify to be a mentor...since there are guys on paceandcap who have been here playing the horses way before I even knew about the existence of horse racing. However I can give you a couple of invaluable pieces of advice, until you hopefully find a mentor, if that is even possible. I have been playing the horses for almost 5 years now, and I have read the most authoritative books on the subject of horseracing, on top of mastering the use of RDSS. I have concluded that In order to start making profits, you must be absolutely very selective. What that means is, when you look at a typical nine-race card, do not ever think of betting on half of them. You must look for betting opportunities. When you handicap the races, look for the ones that actually have standout horses. In RDSS2, you're looking for horses that have 1s and 2s in all the different readouts, preferably the top BL/BL. If the 1s and 2s are spread between 3 or 4 different horses, you're probably looking at a very conpetitive race, and one that should not be viewed as an investment opportunity. It is also worth mentioning that races that are divided into sprinters and routers are very unpredictable. I can't tell you how many route races I have lost to sprinters who had never won any race previously. Why would you consider a horse that had not been in the money in its past 6 or 8 races? Well, they do win sometimes, and no expert can actually predict when that is going to happen. So, in a typical 9-race card, if all you can find is just one race where you have a standout horse, that one race should be your betting interest. If you can find two races with standouts, stick to those two races. Remmeber also that you don't always have to bet a horse to win, in order to make money. If your standout is going off at odds like 5-1 or 8-1, you can still make money by making place or show bets on such horses, instead of just win bets if you're afraid that the favorite might beat you. In my personal game, I find myself more comfortable with a two-horse win bet for my big wagers. I hope this helps you a little bit.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
polambi
Grade 1

Here is what I mean by looking for standouts. You must handicap all the races on the card first, and then decide which one or two races you're going to play, if you have actually found a couple of standouts.
Here is an exemple in today's card at Mountaineer. Of all the races, the 8th race looked very appealing to me, because of the horse #5. It stands out in all the major readouts, and it's not the crowd favorite. It actually won the race, by circling the other horses, as if they were standing still. Even if you had bet this horse to place, you would have made some money
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Hope this help

We are having a match up contest and it free. Contestant are using RDSS with the matchup. We have matched 10 races so for. You may want to start there and join us this week. It will help your matchup skills and put you on the right track.

The contestants in this group are very knowledgeable and I am sure you will get something out of it and again its free. I have learned in the short few week from Grand Master - PeteC, SevenFurlong, Professor - The Pook, Bill Lyster, Capcond, Raceman and other.
cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
MikeB
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latekick View Post
I still am a user of RDSS but i feel like i need more help with the match up or just with anything else rdss, i use rdss2 primarily right now for my handicapping and dont do much of the matchup,
I am concentrating on learning the Match Up right now. I can't offer any tutoring, but I can offer what I have found very helpful. There are many tutorial threads by RichieP in the Hat Check forum that go into great depth as to how to use the Match Up. Most involved working races, and I found it best to print out the PPs and work along.

Start with the 4 threads about "The Mind's Eye". And there are a number of threads titled practice races with "The Hat". Also read "The Hat's teachings-Refresher Course #1" and "Jim Bradshaw's Matchup--8 Month Update".

Then just start going through other threads by RitchieP and focus on any that involve PPs and working a race. Put them all together and you have a Match Up textbook.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 AM   #6
CEW
Grade 1

Latekick -

I sent you a note on the private message side - let me know you received it.

Thanks,

Chuck
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #7
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Hi Latekick...hope this is helpful...many of the Follow-Ups "Doc" would tell us this endeavor is 90% mental....With that being said I was recently re-reading old F.U. articles and came across Issue 32 page 50 where Bert Mayne discusses the SILVA mind system...I ordered the program $144.00 and they sent me the CD set with all their programs ....This program along with re-learning how to meditate and focus my mind is really helping...but it can't be done overnight. I work on my mind first thing every morning before I even think about handicapping and wagering.....Check it out Randy A.
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:35 AM   #8
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Latekick...forgot one thing...this program has a CD that teaches you how to meditate and create your own mentors. They are called imaginary counselors...one male and one female.
"Doc Sartin" is my male mentor and when I talk to him thru meditation he gives me the encouragment that he gave whil reading the F.U. articles..."Psychology of Winning" plus it's always good to re-read those POW articles...very helpful..."Doc" will always be my mentor even tho he left us ...when I read his articles and meditate I can still feel his presence.
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:46 PM   #9
Latekick
Grade 1

Thanks Atkinsrr and i sent you an email thanks CEW
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:03 PM   #10
winning
Grade 2

Hi Latekick.
Pick pacelines best of last 3, keep track model and track profile for all the tracks that you
play and good luck.
winning is offline   Reply With Quote