Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 12-14-2019, 05:09 PM   #41
Mitch44
Grade 1

Hello Omar:

If you read the post Max SEc was mention as 3 yr. old HOY. They do have different categories. Bricks and Mortar will probably get Turf HOR or even perhaps older HOY.

After he won the Ky. DY.and he wasn't eligible for the TC why kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Also a little know fact his he was kicked in the groin and still won. He came out of the Derby with hind bruised legs plus legs were cut up. The way the horse ran up on him he may not have made the Preakness. Something we'll never know.

I also don't agree with your definition of track class etc. Class is all about the size of the purse as its the purse that brings about the horses that compete for it. The purse for the Pegasus at GP will bring the best horses from around the world for that huge purse. Just because The BC has been held at SA does not make SA a class track. The BC held at any track is a class act period. Even small tracks have some very good purses and races that draw horses from all over the country.

That nag you hate just may become the 3 yr. old HOY. He gets my vote. We'll find out in a few weeks. He may also turn into a pretty good 4 yr. old, right now the glass is half full from my observation. Ask Santa for lots of towels to wipe that egg off your face again when he's voted 3 yr. HOY. Ha ha ha In the mean time I wish you well and success.

You have to love this game as difference of opinion is the driving force since it began and will be well into the futu

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:53 PM   #42
omar
Grade 1

Smile Hoty

My $$ is on Bricks and Mortar. Hey, hope your feelin better. This should cheer you up. I bet War Story at 5 to 1 going in the gate. Down the stretch he's 12 to 1. Caught the 398 ex too. Earlier in card I bet a horse to win that's 4.50 to 1 going into far turn. Down the stretch he's 3 to 1. So it balances out.
Feel better. NFL Red Zone tomorrow. I would love to see the Rams knock the Cowboys out of 1st.
Oh, I played GP today.

Last edited by omar; 12-14-2019 at 05:55 PM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #43
Mitch44
Grade 1

No denying Max, Sec. 3 yr. old Horse of Year.

Omar received some more sour grapes last night when Maximum Security won an Eclipse Award for 3 year Horse of the Year. Not sure what the vote final tally was but the first place votes were overwhelming for Max. verses Code of Honor 217 to 8. These votes come from those within the field of racing to include sports writers. Now that's a broad spectrum of different opinions and analysis.

Yes some vindication for his KY. Derby DQ however I still think he was the best horse who was mugged on that day of a by a decision that isn't apply on an everyday basis in the sport of horseracing.

Additionally some vindication for those of us who think this is a great horse. We don't hold against the horse what the owner does or says. BTW if he wants to take that to court etc. that's his right to do so.

This link is an article reference his HUGE award for 3 yr. old HOY: Huge because the foaling was probably around 25,000 and only one horse receives this award or wins the Derby. BIG accomplishment!! Much more than beating a field of 12.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...d-male-eclipse

As the 2020 year and growing season is upon us I would like to wish OMAR and everyone for that matter fresh grapes and many winners.

Onward,

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 01-24-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #44
omar
Grade 1

He's not horse of the year, just best 3 yo male colt, tied with Cofefve best 3 yo filly. Bricks and Mortar was voted HOY.
Now read my post under Selections titled Pegasus Cup.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:53 PM   #45
Mitch44
Grade 1

OMAR;

I believed we had this discussion before , actually twice that I recall and it was for 3 yr. old Horse of the year. Also as I recalled you were all in on Code of Honor. Even I would not have voted for Max as the Horse of the year.(best of all categories) It was within his category of 3 yr. old HOY.

If you can't win them than confuse them must be your motto. Sorry but I'm not from the sate of confusion but I'm from Florida.

Nice try,
Mitch44