Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Breeders' Cup > 2008
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2008 Breeders' Cup 2008

Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
lsosa54
Grade 1

Thanks for the look, Charlie. I definitely think Indian is beatable but I'm more looking for a horse that is G1 proven, as these are todays conditions. BTW, Indyanne may scratch out due to a fever so that will alter the pace scenario a bit.

For me and me alone, La Tee has been close in some G3's but her last win came at N2X on the turf down the hill. Tiz El won a G3 by a nk, was close in another, but failed to win two restricted handicaps.
I think I'm fooling myself if I even stick these 2 horses in the computer, since they have no final time or pace advantages, and have not shown they can compete under G1, best in the world conditions.

Dearest Trickski is another story. She beat 3yo in the La Brea but has now beaten older 3 out of 4 and won a G1 race at 7F. She would be quite a story, having been a $10,000 restricted claimer at Lone Star in April 2007 - you almost have to root for her! I still don't think she's fast enough but opinions like mine may give others value on her.

Total energy numbers can be deceiving. I would have to think Indian's win in the Santa Ynez on the previous SA poly would give you a huge total energy figure running 7f in 119.4 setting that ridiculous pace.

Last edited by lsosa54; 10-23-2008 at 08:53 AM.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #12
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

I'd tend to rely on software here than my Match Up as we've got horses shipping from all over place and in nearly readout Tiz Elemental pops up

Got a couple of Tandem loses to others, but think i may take my chance win, place and show with it at decent odds here

Last edited by Charlie D; 10-23-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #13
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Indian Blessing's Line 7 looks a bit weird to me Lou

22.3 - 43.8 - 107.1 - 119.9

If she repeats that it's all over innit
Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #14
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Some Fast Fractions Posted by other horses around that time too

Help coming from somewhere
Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #15
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

When you think about it

If horses are running that hard there's no wonder Cal gets high attrition

Gotta slow em down a bit somehow and hopefully this new surface will help

Last edited by Charlie D; 10-23-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
Indian Blessing's Line 7 looks a bit weird to me Lou

22.3 - 43.8 - 107.1 - 119.9

If she repeats that it's all over innit
They were having major problems with the track at Santa Anita during that period. Horses were putting in world record times.. I have to say this race is absolutely brutal... I can make a case for 7 horses
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #17
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Yes JMS

Wasn't that when this Pro-Ride fella was called in??
Old 10-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #18
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
Yes JMS

Wasn't that when this Pro-Ride fella was called in??
Yes.. They had horrific weather issues, lost a lot of days to cancellations. It was an absolute mess. Anything done during that period is a throw out to me.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:53 AM   #19
RichieP
Grade 1

Raw

Best Total energy - #5 Indian Blessing
Best Hidden energy - #12 Ventura
Best FX - #3 Intangaroo
Best E/Ep - # 5 Indian Blessing
Best L/ep - #12 Ventura
Best F3+Total Pace - #12 Ventura

Win contenders:
#3 - Intangaroo
#5 - Indian Blessing
#12- Ventura

Best of luck to all
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1

If you are using RDSS (or Val4 or Spec160) I would be very cautious about accepting DMR 2008 lines when using the 50% DTV adjustment, and expecting that they compare well to lines from other tracks, distances and surfaces. All 2008 DMR poly lines are about 30 DTV points faster than norm (i.e. the 2007 norm) thus, the pars for the current DMR poly surface distances should really be about 30 points faster (in which case, the DTVs would be around 0). We won't get this change from TrackMaster until January's re-normalization of all ITVs for 2008.

Try this in RDSS: in the Configure window, change the DTV % to 100 (i.e. accept ALL of the DTV adjutment, not jut the normal 50% of it). For the DMR 2008 lines with high negative numbers (i.e. FASTER than norm), the final and incremental times are slowed down by the DTV. If you permit them to be slowed down by ALL of the DTV and not just HALF of it, the times will end up much slower, Total Energies will be lower and horses ranked off those DMR lines will rank worse. This exercise of changing the DTV% to 100 will prove that (unless you're only comparing DMR 2008 lines to each other) they will always be overrated compared to other tracks.

So, if you accept this, then switch back to the default DTV% (50%) and pick different lines for those horses which look good only from DMR, or pick not their best DMR line.

That said, it still doesn't help Indian Blessing much, by my readouts. For a price, I'm leaning towards OTEs Zaftig and Tiz Elemental (way too many NTL Earlies here, but no-one I can see who can steal it). I would not leave Indian Blessing out of exotics. The race is still a mish-mash and way too uncertain to bet it if I didn't have to (which I don't...)

Good luck!

Ted

Name:  BC1024-3.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  64.7 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote