Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup **
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** CASH Prize Contests!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 04:17 PM   #11
dogkatcher
Grade 1

8thTB

win 6 class shortening up.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #12
Mitch44
Grade 1

8th Tam.

W 9,13
P 9,13
13 like the cutback
9 extra 1/2 F good for style, expecting improvement.

Mitch44
Old 05-23-2020, 04:31 PM   #13
Mitch44
Grade 1

WOW!!! What a photo for place.

11 was in my top 4, you can't play them all. Several cutbacks in this race with the 11 being one of them, I chose the 13 cutback instead.
The Monkey is happy as we made money for the day.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 05-23-2020 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:56 PM   #14
The Pook
Grade 1

Nice play in the 7th for cigar, darmar and mitch. Check out the place price on the 7 in the 8th. I don't think I have seen place pay that much before.

Pook
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #15
The Pook
Grade 1

Standings with 7 days left. This has been fun but I will be glad when this is done. Handicapping, tracking and being involved with horse racing pretty much every day for two months. A bit much after a while. But we shall see it through!

Pook
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2020, 05:58 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Standings with 7 days left. This has been fun but I will be glad when this is done. Handicapping, tracking and being involved with horse racing pretty much every day for two months. A bit much after a while. But we shall see it through!

Pook
Just a shout out of thanks to you Mike for shepherding this contest through for us. You've been doing an outstanding job and we all thank you! I can appreciate how even the most fun 'part-time' activity sometimes feels like a 'job' if you have to be ON every day.

I was ready to play today, but got caught up in some programming and when I came up for air, it was all over and someone was emailing me what a great day they had playing Tampa Pick3's .

No worries, this last week will be fun. Still trying to win it

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 05-24-2020, 08:52 AM   #17
Mitch44
Grade 1

Mike I'll echo Ted in saying you have done an outstanding job. Its common that those in charge tend to get the least recognition. While I can't speak for everyone please be aware that I have tremendously appreciated all your efforts and hard work. It really noteworthy the amount of time you had to put into this.

Bill V would be proud and smiling.

Mitch44
Old 05-24-2020, 09:54 AM   #18
darmar
Grade 1

Hey Mike please add me to the list of participating members who are all very glad you took this task on.
Thanks for all you do for us
Darryl
Old 05-24-2020, 10:28 AM   #19
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post

Pook
Mike your hard work have not gone unnoticed. I for one look forward to your tournaments. Possibly for future tournaments one player can keep score and have each player select a race for tournament play. Just a suggestion, again thank you and hope we can get together at Woodbine some point in the season. Cheers
Old 05-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #20
The Pook
Grade 1

I am glad that you guys joined up. It was meant to be a diversion, which it has been during this pandemic. And then it turned into a memorial for Bill, which is good. Like I wrote, I find it fun and I am glad others do too.

Any future ones won't be a daily thing. They will be like before. On weekends most likely with players taking turns posting races. But this format has sufficed for what this was meant to do. Help get us through these odd times. I do find interesting the various approaches to a race that you guys come up with. Some guys are pure Sartin, or pure Matchup, or with mixes of trainers, class drops, first time doing this or that. The support for so many different horses amongst only 10 players is amazing at times. Other times we all pretty much have it figured out with only two or three choices. Quite a few races are lottery type plays that you wouldn't play in real life, but do anyway because... hey, it's a contest and they are sitting right there, and you might get lucky. I think that is the achilles heel in these things.

Anyways thanks for the appreciation. Not that I was looking for it. Nobody asked me to set it up. I didn't anticipate the grind that 7 days a week for two months straight would be. Probably doesn't help that I play the rest of the cards also. Which I usually do, but with breaks.

Everybody have a fun final week. Hopefully this quarantining eases off soon.

Pook
Closed Thread