Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 12:57 PM   #11
royal
AlwNW1X

All the above effort are still not solving my problems.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:17 PM   #12
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
same with my setup on this side of the continent.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:22 PM   #13
Blueken555
AlwNW2X

I'm afraid I am in the same boat. Unresponsive

Best
Ken
Old 06-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #14
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
I deleted all the Tote info and restarted the program only to lose all the BPP info! I added back the tote line to =1 in the hope of redownloading the BPP info, etc.

fun day
Old 06-26-2020, 01:39 PM   #15
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Was able to get the PL and BPP info back by reinstituting the tote. Still takes for ever to move from horse to horse or screen to screen.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #16
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
just for the record,RDSS is not responding! i will proceed with fixing instructions.,,,,,lets see what happens..................ignacio
Old 06-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #17
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks for all the feedback folks.

Here is a (not really satisfying) workaround I have tested, suggested by new user 57viking (thanks!):

- set RDSS for Tote access OFF (Tote_enabled=0) per instructions above

- except for Downloading data from TrackMaster, use RDSS with your computer's connection to the Internet switched OFF. To do this, if you have Windows 10 or 8, click the Windows Notification area lower-right of your screen, find the Network tile, then identify your wired or wireless internet connection. If your internet connection is over a wireless network, click that connection then click Disconnect. If the connection is a wired connection (network cable connected to a router), just unplug it from your computer. If you are using an older version of Windows, try the Network and Sharing Center, via the Control Panel. (OR - turn your internet router OFF and ON, though that seems like a 'brute force' solution.)

- make sure you are connected to the internet to Download then Convert data in the Data Centre (TrackMaster and also TwinSpires data if you use it).

- if you make use of TwinSpires data (Profit Line / Prime Power), assemble races while connected to the Internet. If you don't use TwinSpires figs in RDSS, close RDSS before assembling your races to handicap.

- disconnect from the Internet, then start RDSS.

- assemble your races or if already assembled, proceed to handicap your races.

To summarize this (admittedly clunky) workaround -

- set RDSS Tote_enabled=0 (tote access OFF)
- download data with the internet turned ON
- handicap races with the internet turned OFF
- if you use TS figs (PL/BPP), assemble races with the internet turned ON, then restart RDSS with the internet turned OFF to handicap

I am concluding so far that this still has something to do with RDSS accessing TwinSpires, despite turning tote access off. Some page that RDSS hits now does not respond, or responds only slowly, most likely the periodic request for scratches, changes and available tracks. For over a year, I have presumed that the TS page providing changes, scratches, etc is unchanging otherwise TwinSpires' Mobile site would not work (https://m.twinspires.com), and in fact it still DOES work fine, but just this week seems problematic WITHIN RDSS (not in a browser).

I am doing testing in the software code to troubleshoot and will respond here as soon as I have a resolution.

Comments appreciated about if the above workaround suggestions are usable (if inconvenient).

If anyone wants a refund on TrackMaster data for cards they feel they cannot work (i.e. for non-unlimited accounts), I have alerted them to this situation and they are expecting any requests. Just write to info@trackmaster.com and identify your account and the card you want refunded.

Again, very sorry about this string of events. I'll report back as soon as I can!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 06-27-2020, 12:47 AM   #18
bet2windo
AlwNW1X

works almost as good as before after deleting...c:\Rdss2.1\Data\Tote\
Old 06-27-2020, 01:51 AM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Well, glad to hear that Fred! It was probably good to clear out that folder anyway.

However, early morning June 27 (looking at Hong Kong), it looks to me like the issue with hitting the problem page at TwinSpires has gone away - regardless of Tote enabled, or content of that full Tote Cache folder. It looks like they simply made a change in their server for the past few days, and now it's back to what it was.

Let's see in the morning and during the day's races tomorrow. I will be testing with Tote enabled and will report here. Meanwhile, I made some changes to the RDSS code to try to get out an emergency update if necessary. Let's see this weekend.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 06-27-2020, 09:12 AM   #20
Blueken555
AlwNW2X

Morning,

Running fine for me this morning.

Best
Ken
Closed Thread