Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 05-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
mowens33
Grade 1

Woodbine Advice?

I am looking to play a new track and the track I am looking at is Woodbine. From looking at the post I see that Woodbine is very popular. I was hoping I could get a little detail on the conditions.
Track variant:
Dose the track favor E in the cold and P or S when it’s warm?
What is the variant when it rains?
After track maintenance dose it favors a particular style?
Looks like Woodbine is big on Turf racing do you any tips you can share?
Or any information that you may be helpful.
Any info will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Mike
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mike,

I'm hoping more regular WO players than me will give you details on this (Hoof11, Bud J, Mike W ??).

Woodbine is popular because of its long season, relatively good field sizes (after the season gets going), amazing 1.5 mile Turf course and (at least until recently) relatively good purse structure.

I can't really comment on track profile aspects. I can say that the turns are relatively large and sweeping, especially that Turf course, and the stretch is a long one. Also, the rebates are pretty generous (for non-Canadians).

Hopefully some others will chime in. I know I had a profitable Saturday there, despite early in the season. Just used the BL screen and kept one eye on the CR rating.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #3
mowens33
Grade 1

Ted thanks!
The BL screen is always a good place to start.
I move up to Grade 3, and I still have a lot to learn. Still watching and learning.
Thanks again, Mike
Old 08-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
Matt D.
AlwNW1X

Woodbine

A couple of notes about Woodbine. Yes the season is long. It's also a Polytrack and if you can figure out which horses shipping in like that surface than you're a step ahead of the competition. The track is a popular in the south with simulcasters theaters such as Florida. So there's a lot of money floating in from outside Canada. You need to watch the early races to determine how the track is playing. Sometimes the speed gets going early and then you must make an adjustment.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #5
mowens33
Grade 1

Matt, thanks for the input! I handicap Golden Gate (Topeta surface) so I am somewhat familiar with the poly

Thanks again, Mike
Old 08-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
Bud Jones
AlwNW1X

Hi Mike
RDSS includes a daily track variant and a inter track variant. Woodbine's main track is always listed as fast so just Matchup your horses.

Hope this helps
Bud
Bud Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
mowens33
Grade 1

Bud, Thanks for taking the time to responded and for your the help!

Mike
Old 08-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #8
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Woodbine Advice

A very wise man told me the following "Think like an Owner / Trainer and handicap the race accordingly"

I am stunned the number of races where I see a horse dropping two and three class levels, only to be made the fav...and lose by 10 lengths.....insane!!

I saw a maiden at Mountaineer go off at 2/5 - are you kidding me? The winner was 8-1.

Mike...if you want to handicap a Woodbine card together, I am available.

Happy Punting,
JDL
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #9
mowens33
Grade 1

Mr. Pagine, thanks for the advice, and your generous offer to handicap a card with me! I am pretty tied up on the weekends, so if you can a weekday would be good.

Thanks again, Mike