Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

The Preakness

My pacelines with RDSS shown below. All horses except Tiger Walk won @ G1.
(Tiger Walk finished 4th).
I didn't use the Derby line for Bodemeister and I'll Have Another. I think Bodemeister will repeat what he did at the Derby.
I believe he was still in the lead at 9.5 F...this time he won't run out of real estate. For those who are interested in the CSR numbers.

Bodemeister - 190, Tiger Walk and Ill have another 189, Creative Cause and Teeth of the Dog - 187.

I am passing this one.... good Luck with your picks.

Ernie
Attached Images

SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
raceman5
Grade 1

Preakness

Think i will have some fun this race and bet the 6 and 4.

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Okay , I changed my setting back to 50% and slid the bar out to -50 and +50 , instead of the -15 and +15 as before. Here are my Preakness, screens with Last Line and then Best Perceptor, last 3 comparable, and then New Pace Screen
Attached Images

pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

I forgot to post my picks, and will maybe key 3 horse as a Longshot, yet my gut tells me that Went the Day Well and Daddy Nose Best, should be contenders and either could get the win .

I may make a few wagers, but will wait till Saturday to decide, 1-2 exacta's and a few little tri's, for 6-12.00 each. If lucky I may put 60.00 into the race and hope for the best.

Good luck all
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #5
buffaloxp
Grade 1

this is my bet
$10 ex=7-5
$10 tri=7-5-6
$10sup=7-5-6-9
total of $30
buffaloxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
trotman
Grade 1

I love these big race days. Not because I just have to bet the Preakness like many, but I love all the stupid money bet. I want a horse that has a reasonable chance to win with value and I don't see it in the Preakness. Now when I say stupid money I'm looking at all the other tracks and other races because they too tend to play stupid on big days because they are so intent on picking the winner of the big race in this case the Preakness that there are many good bets with value at the other tracks because of this obsession to be right on the big race. Whatever you should do today, remember it's not how many winners you picked, it's how much of their money your leaving with.
Good luck to all.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotman View Post
I love these big race days. Not because I just have to bet the Preakness like many, but I love all the stupid money bet. I want a horse that has a reasonable chance to win with value and I don't see it in the Preakness. Now when I say stupid money I'm looking at all the other tracks and other races because they too tend to play stupid on big days because they are so intent on picking the winner of the big race in this case the Preakness that there are many good bets with value at the other tracks because of this obsession to be right on the big race. Whatever you should do today, remember it's not how many winners you picked, it's how much of their money your leaving with.
Good luck to all.
So Pretension shows up on top but you choose to out think the software and ignore it?
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
trotman
Grade 1

jms62 if that's your play go for it. I already said the race is a mess and had no value and would look elsewhere. Value with a more than reasonable chance to win is black and white different than relying on numbers spit out by a program. I would best guess that all the software programs would give a different top horse. If you stop looking for winners you'll understand what I mean.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
alydar_ David
Grade 1

I don't think anyone can run with Bodemeister.

I'll bet him to show if I can get a 1.15 return.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
delmarscott2004
delmarscott2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotman View Post
Good luck to all.
I agree , there are a lot of good size non-maiden fields Going at Calder ,Lad , Ct and Wo . I will work the Preakness for the fun of it ,unless I see a BIG overlay. Good skill to all.........
delmarscott2004 is offline   Reply With Quote