Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

My book

Hey guys,

Forgot about this for a while but a few people have requested to see my book so here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Happy reading!
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
Jeebs
Grade 1

Here are some questions:

How profitable has this been? Strike rate? Does it perform better in certain race classes/sex/surface/distance than others? What is your sample size?

Stick to one approach! The most experienced players and mentors have repeatedly driven this point... find the mental and monetary patience needed to utilize Sartin’s approach to winning!
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Here are some questions:

How profitable has this been? Strike rate? Does it perform better in certain race classes/sex/surface/distance than others? What is your sample size?

Stick to one approach! The most experienced players and mentors have repeatedly driven this point... find the mental and monetary patience needed to utilize Sartin’s approach to winning!
Few races ranging from the date from the book to January:

Had a win percentage of 40.65% and a ROI was +.

I find it better in certain tracks that have no bias towards a certain running style and tracks like in the book is where it can work best.

And I love to expolore new things and until I find that method that I like (which could possibly be this).
Old 01-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #4
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Conley. Thanks for sharing your approach but for your information all these angles are not a secret win pill. They are in fact included in the Bris Prime power and Profit line rankings. In fact if you watch the races on Twin Spires T.V they are right there for all to see. I would also like to caution you that if you bet these angles blindly without checking other handicapping factors you will end up on the short end of the stick in the long haul.
Tim
Old 01-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Hi Conley. Thanks for sharing your approach but for your information all these angles are not a secret win pill. They are in fact included in the Bris Prime power and Profit line rankings. In fact if you watch the races on Twin Spires T.V they are right there for all to see. I would also like to caution you that if you bet these angles blindly without checking other handicapping factors you will end up on the short end of the stick in the long haul.
Tim
Thanks for the positive feedback! I do this step first, then I look at the pps for certain factors (workouts, layoffs, troubled trips, jockey weight post track distance surface class changes, speed or pace figures, times, field sizes, money made and record). If I were to use just this, my ROI would not be good. Therefore I use the Insider and the pps.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #6
mick
Abiding Student

Malcolm Gladwell wrote that it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert in some endeavor. That's about 5 years working full-time at something. I commend you for jumping into the deep end of the pool and totally immersing yourself in this wonderful sport. You'll fail more than you'll succeed but don't get discouraged. Your failures and your perseverance will pay off in the long term. And remember, young man, time is on your side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIE2GAqnFGw

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #7
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Malcolm Gladwell wrote that it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert in some endeavor. That's about 5 years working full-time at something. I commend you for jumping into the deep end of the pool and totally immersing yourself in this wonderful sport. You'll fail more than you'll succeed but don't get discouraged. Your failures and your perseverance will pay off in the long term. And remember, young man, time is on your side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIE2GAqnFGw
Thank you mick and everyone in saying nice things. I know I should have started in the “shallow end” but it could pay off in the end. And yes time IS on my side.