Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Del Mar 2013 - Saturday August 24
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Del Mar 2013 - Saturday August 24 Where the Sartin Methodology meets the Turf meets the Surf!

Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sorry folks, my computer ran out of battery power before I could post more. It ended up being a very fine day, working Saratoga in the morning then Del Mar live racing in the afternoon.

Mariana Sartin and her fiance joined us and I was able to give them a few winners at Del Mar I know Bill V has been posting about PRX races, and several folks at the table had the Travers winner, including Bill Lyster. I stopped betting after my computer ran out of juice

We got a number of nice group and individual photos which I'll try to post up tomorrow. I think Bill V and Tim B are attending again tomorrow for the Pacific Classic, so perhaps they'll report further.

Nice place they've got down here in Southern California I think I could get used to it ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
Bill V.
The egg man

Saturday

It was a great Pace and Cap - Del Mar 2013 gathering.

We had lots of fun starting with Donut day !

I hope we get lots of pictures I saw the camera was out snapping away

Here are two that I had on my phone

It was wonderful to see Mariana Sartin once again

Here we are ..

Name:  0824131317_0002.jpg
Views: 4228
Size:  58.4 KB

down at the rail, just outside of our clubhouse meeting area
Ted, Mariana and Bill V.

Name:  0824131318.jpg
Views: 4382
Size:  58.2 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
Grandpa's Girl
Grade 3

Hi Guys!!!

It was great to see all of you! It was a gorgeous day in Del Mar, and it was truly wonderful to be surrounded by people who had so much admiration for my grandpa.
I'm so happy to soon be adding an official member of the clan, as I will be married on September 18. I might be changing my name, but I'll never forget where I come from.

Many hugs to all of you who I didn't see this time around.. especially YOU, Barb, Alison, Ester and Joe! <3
Grandpa's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #14
barb craven
Grade 1

Thanks so much Mariana. I hear from Ted that he is carrying your giant hug home to me via himself. I shall cherish it. I'm so glad you and your fiance could make it to be with the group at DelMar and am so happy about your wonderful news. I wish you both every happiness.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #15
Grandpa's Girl
Grade 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
Thanks so much Mariana. I hear from Ted that he is carrying your giant hug home to me via himself. I shall cherish it. I'm so glad you and your fiance could make it to be with the group at DelMar and am so happy about your wonderful news. I wish you both every happiness.
Thank you so much, Barb!
Grandpa's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

What a great time we had at Del Mar over 2 days! The work tables at the end of the Club house provided a perfect spot to talk and work races: quiet in the mornings during 'early bird' access, feet away from the rail to watch workouts and bask in the morning sun. In the afternoons, full of all the vigour of the track patrons yet still right at the rail after the finish line for a birds eye view.

This year we were joined by Marianna Sartin and her fiance Pat, who also brought greetings from her mother and grandmother (the two Mary's).

In attendance also were Bill Lyster, Bud Jones, Mark Nicholson, Jeff M ('Lord John') and his girlfriend Sandra, Tim B (Capcondo), Bill V and yours truly.

Really it was simply 2 days of quiet conversation and study in the mornings - learning and observing each others methods in action - followed by the hurly burly of the racing days at Saratoga and Del Mar. I think several folks at out tables cashed nicely on the Travers, as well as many 'lesser' races.

I myself have been receiving a particular education in The Matchup this trip, and a big thanks to Bud Jones, Bill Lyster, Tim B and Jeff M for their patient coaching and encouragement in diving deeper with this. (And to Richie in Saratoga for a short session with some pointed advice from The Hat).

Here are a few photographic memories!

Bill Lyster, Bud Jones, Jeff M, Ted Craven, Bill V, Tim B

Name:  rogues gallery.jpg
Views: 5448
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  cool as ever.jpg
Views: 5379
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:  learning the matchup.jpg
Views: 5585
Size:  42.0 KB

Marianna Sartin, her fiance Pat, Bill V

Name:  marianna pat billv.jpg
Views: 4402
Size:  58.1 KB

Bud Jones, Mark Nicholson, Bill Lyster, Jeff M

Name:  4 caps.jpg
Views: 4278
Size:  50.1 KB

R
DSS -
Old 08-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill L (foreground), Mark N, Jeff M, Sandra (as accomplished a handicapper as any of the rest of us!) and Bud J.

Name:  watching the race.jpg
Views: 4763
Size:  50.7 KB

2 railbirds

Name:  ted & Bill.jpg
Views: 5140
Size:  66.2 KB

R
DSS -
Old 08-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
So Cal Al
So Cal Al

Send a message via AIM to So Cal Al
DMR Meeting

Hi, Ted:
Sorry I couldn't make it to DMR this year. Glad you all had a good time. Maybe next year!
Al B.
So Cal Al is offline   Reply With Quote