Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 05-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #241
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Data Mixed Up?

Hi Ted,

Sometimes I like to go back into old races to practice. The attached race isn't one that I practiced, but there does appear to be a problem.
Apologies if this has already been raised.

Attachment one shows the Entries. The order of the horses in the tabs at the top is mixed up. The first horse shown #7 is called Queen Fantabulous on this screen.

When I click on the #7 It brings up a horse called Toll Guard. Also note the information in the lifetime record area. It shows that the horse has run 9 races, but when you look at the main PP original screen there are 10 lines.

Sorry if this has been put up before. If not, any pointers to correct? I've noticed this in other races, but this was the first one that I found for posting purposes today.

Thanks.
Attached Images

DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #242
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Ted when you refresh the TS Ratings does it retain all your previous work such as selection of pace lines or scratching contenders?

Mitch44

Yes.

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #243
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards View Post
Hi Ted,

Sometimes I like to go back into old races to practice. The attached race isn't one that I practiced, but there does appear to be a problem.
Apologies if this has already been raised.

Attachment one shows the Entries. The order of the horses in the tabs at the top is mixed up. The first horse shown #7 is called Queen Fantabulous on this screen.

When I click on the #7 It brings up a horse called Toll Guard. Also note the information in the lifetime record area. It shows that the horse has run 9 races, but when you look at the main PP original screen there are 10 lines.

Sorry if this has been put up before. If not, any pointers to correct? I've noticed this in other races, but this was the first one that I found for posting purposes today.

Thanks.

I have suggested re-assembling races first assembled in a previous version, when moving to the current (emergency update) version 2.1.049.11. That has usually solved all such out-of-order, or missing data or whatever issues. But if not, please let me know by email.

I'll do my best to make the replacement update behave well with previously assembled races!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #244
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thanks Ted, I thought so and just wanted to make sure.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:46 AM   #245
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Thanks Ted,

Sorry about that. All present and correct now!!
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:15 AM   #246
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Unable to remove scratches, not yet known.

Scratches for tomorrows card cannot be removed by removing check marks. Have cleared cache, and reassembled, scratches still remail and RDSS needs to be restarted. Multiple races at Pimlico with same problem.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #247
Ted Craven
Grade 1

It looks like you are doing this in the early AM hours of Friday (at least early Eastern Time) and RDSS is accessing the scratches for Thursday (because they are still alive).

Try again Friday morning. Scratches should be pertinent to Friday.

When doing handicapping overnight, I recommend turning the tote off (or internet off if you must). See: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=227. Again, in the next version, there will be a setting in Configuration screen to enable/disable tote (including scratch) for whatever reasons.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #248
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I am receiving reports today that many races on the Pimlico Preakness day card fail to assemble properly - the Entries screen is missing lots of data.

I can confirm this from my own testing and I further notice that in races with Scratches, the current RDSS version appears to stall - gives the 'not responding' Windows message. RDSS works normally when assembling races which have no scratches regardless of the track.

This is the case even when the suggested setting in the Configure File to Disable Tote (Tote_enabled=0 - see http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=219 ). That Disable Tote setting does not apply to periodic checking for Scratches. And disconenctin from the internet is also not a solution since RDSS currently requires a connection else you get various errors (also something I am changing).

Somehow, TwinSpires must be suddenly responding differently today to scratch requests, similarly to how it suddenly began responding differently to tote requests several weeks ago (which precipitated this current emergency version release). I will investigate further, re this scratch problem.

A (not very good) workaround is to check your ADW for upcoming race scratches (at Pimlico or elsewhere) and avoid races with scratches. I know, not a good solution at all.

My plan is - as soon as a testing version is stable - to make ALL access to TwinSpires' servers for everything - optional. That way, when something unexpected happens like this, we can still work around it. I am working on that as fast as I can.

Sorry for the (new) current problems ...

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-18-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #249
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Another complication of the TwinSpires tote access problems of earlier this month (May 2019) not addressed by the emergency update V2.1.049.11 - is that the Download Mutuels button is not working on the Card Summary for the track today and on the MyRaces Card Summary for all or filtered races today, and on the Rx and Rx+ Analysis screens.

It is working still on the Entries screen for an individual race, though you must login to a valid TwinSpires account. After you fetch race Mutuels this way (from TwinSpires) they do appear on the Rx and Rx+ Analysis screens (just the Mutuels button to fetch them does not work on those screens).

Since that emergency update, I have corrected a bunch of RDSS code for another update (though not yet those fetch Mutuels buttons) but will have them not only working but also no longer requiring a TwinSpires login account (since they are available without an account). As before, you'll be able to download ALL Mutuel results and prices for the entire day in the MyRaces module, or for a single track via the track's Card Summary screen.

I would like to give a timeframe for this next update, but I will just say for the moment that it will be soon (June).

On the topic of Result Charts since it was asked today in another thread - for some time the RDSS Bundle data plan which includes downloaded complete Result Charts (in XML format) has been useful ONLY to permit looking up PAST complete Charts for any running line in a horse's Past Performances.

As of yet (and only due to underwhelming demand) RDSS does not import those downloaded Results for TODAY's races into the RDSS database. (FWIW, per the RDSS TrackMaster data plan page, here is the message about that: http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5339 ). If you have been downloading Result Charts, in due course all your saved Chart files will be able to be processed retrospectively. I do plan to get this finally done this year (2019).

Right now, the only way Results and prices show up in RDSS is - as described initially above - if you download them race by race from the Entries screen, though bulk downloads will be re-enabled in the next update.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-24-2019 at 10:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-25-2019, 01:33 PM   #250
Mark
Grade 1

I am having a horrible time using the program, unfortunately. Almost every mouse click will bring a blue circle and "not responding", sudden program crashes or something called Library error, with a dialog box with retry or cancel buttons.
I attempted to download the program again and that didn't help. it is very frustrating to spend the time to handicap the race and then because the program crashes, I don't have the time to get a bet in. When is the newer version that you mentioned would be out by the end of April going to be released?

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-25-2019 at 05:35 PM. Reason: moved from the RDSS FAQ thread
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote