Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 03-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Lasix in PPs

Ted,

In the past performances of each horse; is there anyway that you could hi-lite the "Lasix" using horses?

Irish War Cry was a first time Lasix last out, and as usual, got a great boost. Second Lasix is usually a regression.

Happy Punting,

Jon
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:40 PM   #2
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Jon. Don't know if you are asking for a special hi lite but lasix users are noted in the trip tab.
Tim G
Old 03-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #3
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Thank you - I did not know that

You Learn something new each day!
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
papajohn3times
Grade 1

additions to RDSS

Hello Ted
Thanks again for all the help! You once asked about suggestions to RDSS for the newer version
1, Any way to include trainer stats like DRF? I would like to know just small things such as to how trainers do with layoffs,TURF to dirt the stuff that gives us a percentage that's all I can think of for now
3. I would assume that the BEYER numbers are exclusive to drf?
Thanks Ted
Still working on Saratoga!
papa john
papajohn3times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:57 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Papajohn, we don't actually get trainer or jockey stats from Trackmaster in the RDSS data files beyond the 30 day hit rates already shown. I asked one time if it was possible to get more and they said it could. But to create a new RDSS data file, possibly for more cost, they needed to know how much usage it would get (how much new sales). Including your interest here, I think I can count on ONE hand the number of requests over the years for this kind of data. So I was unable to make a very good case to TrackMaster for the new data, the last time we spoke about it.

Also - you're right about the Beyer numbers: DRF owns those, so Equibase/TrackMaster does not supply them.

Hope to see you in Saratoga 2017!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:13 AM   #6
mick
Abiding Student

Both DRF and BRIS are "value added" resellers of the Equibase data. Equibase/TrackMaster does not provide trainer/jockey stats with its own PPs. Working on another project, I downloaded both Equibase and TrackMaster cards and compared them to the RDSS. (By the way, TrackMaster is a wholly owned subsidiary of Equibase and makes the speed ratings for both companies.)

DRF and BRIS maintain their own databases with additional (and proprietary) information such as T/J data and sire/pedigree ratings that each has derived from the basic Equibase data and other sources. TimeFormUS also provides T/J and pedigree ratings but I'm not sure of the source. (Its parent company is a European behemoth with substantial resources to do anything it wants. It would not surprise me if TimeForm eventually absorbs DRF.)

Perhaps the easiest and cheapest way to obtain T/J and pedigree ratings is to open a betting account with Twinspires and download the BRIS PPs through their website. If you bet the track, there's no charge and there's no minimum on the bet size. From time to time, I'll download a card and make a $2 Show bet on a favorite. You can do the same thing with DRF Bets but there was a $25 bet minimum the last time I did that.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:27 AM   #7
mick
Abiding Student

Daily Racing Form sold to Z Capital Partners

http://www.drf.com/news/daily-racing...pital-partners

Perhaps I should have read the morning news before I submitted my last post.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #8
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Correct Mick...I was going to tell him the same thing then I read your post. On Twin Spires I download Ultimate PP'S with comments and make a $2 show bet on one of the favs and get it free...been doing that for years.
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:02 PM   #9
Lt1
Grade 1

I've been using the Bris ultimate pps for yrs. They are the perfect compliment to the Trackmaster pps. Gives you all the info you need to go along with RDSS.
Tim