Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 07-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
Jeebs
Grade 1

BRIS Prime Power Query

Hi Ted,

How is the new RDSS pulling the BRIS Prime Power data from the internet? I had checked the Twinspires Mobile and cannot find the information on the site. Will RDSS subscribers have to purchase a BRIS data file to access Prime Power in addition to our Trackmaster download?

Thanks.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Well - it's by magic

You won't need to buy it from TwinSpires, unless they restrict it in future. In due course (2019+), everything new in RDSS 2.1 will cost a little more (starting with whatever appears on the Rx+ screen and beyond). There will be a period of complimentary usage of new stuff for all users, then pay extra if you find it useful. At minimum for new stuff, folks will have to subscribe to the TrackMaster RDSS Bundle product (which includes Result Charts).

I have not determined how I want to proceed with all this. I'm working on getting it out to folks in the next while to work with (though there are still quite a number of vexing issues).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
Jeebs
Grade 1

Name:  sworldcalgon4yu.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  30.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted craven View Post
well - it's by magic

you won't need to buy it from twinspires, unless they restrict it in future. In due course (2019+), everything new in rdss 2.1 will cost a little more (starting with whatever appears on the rx+ screen and beyond). There will be a period of complimentary usage of new stuff for all users, then pay extra if you find it useful. At minimum for new stuff, folks will have to subscribe to the trackmaster rdss bundle product (which includes result charts).

I have not determined how i want to proceed with all this. I'm working on getting it out to folks in the next while to work with (though there are still quite a number of vexing issues).

Ted
Old 07-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #4
Jeebs
Grade 1

Was trying to be funny

I hope that I didn't offend you Ted with my response... trying my hand at some light-hearted humor when you replied how RDSS picks up the query by "magic"
Old 07-22-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

No Problem, Tim And, always a fan of Wayne and Garth!

See you in Saratoga!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:45 PM   #6
Jeebs
Grade 1

You bet! I'm about 50% certain for Friday, 90% certain for Alabama Saturday, and absolute zero chance on Sunday (Son's birthday/birthday party )...

For future consideration, there is a neat area upstairs right adjacent to the new "The Stretch" portion of the grandstand. That area used to have a series of boutique shops that nobody ever went to, so they took them out and replaced the shops with a huge wall of TVs and self-betting terminals. It's kind of like a small simulcast parlor, but with easy access to the top of the grandstand if one wants to watch the race live instead of on a monitor. To the left of the tables are regular betting windows. The tables are round, but roomy, much roomier than the old tables that were there in past years. They can easily accommodate multiple laptops and there are outlets on many of the support columns, making running an extension cord a breeze.

Name:  20180720_084119.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  240.4 KB

Name:  20180720_084033.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  287.6 KB