Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-02-2018, 03:26 AM   #11
Bill V.
The egg man

I'm in

Quote:
I would absolutely be down to purchase a track or two everyday to add to one big database than a number of us could use and we could pass it around for data entry each week... if anybody is ever interested, let me know.

I'm in.

Let me know what tracks (2) you would like me to do.
I would gladly invest the time to do 2 tracks for the group per day

Sorry, you lost your work.

I use an app called Dropbox.
I save all my files and folders onto a folder into my Dropbox account.
The nice thing is. I can access my work from any computer just by logging into my Dropbox account. I think for what we use, the smallest space plan
is plenty, and for just a few $ a month. The data is safe and easily retrievable
in a disaster. or when I am away from my laptop.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #12
Dorianmode
always learning

I always save everything I do to two external places, ... usually a thumb drive and one other. Just make a macro with a command button, Makes it very simple.

I would help with this project, but first (not to throw cold water on a good idea) we should ask Ted and /or TrackMaster if it violates the terms of service ... when one buys data. Is it OK to share it, in this way ? Not sure ... haven't read their rules in a long time.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #13
Bill V.
The egg man

my assumption

Hi

I thought what was proposed by volunteers, was to make a group database that would just be recording track RESULTS.

Every day I download all the tracks, but I have a handful that I keep track of
and add them to my model, To model just a few tracks daily involves some time, work and diligence.

I thought that each volunteer would just be sharing their spreadsheet
information using a standardized paceline selection method and entering on to the RDSS template,

Some of the major factors I model are the final odds, The PW, Tote#1 and Tote#2, I also track the win and place, show, exacta trifecta payouts. This info only comes from a race which has already run.

I did not think we would be sharing date cards of PP's.
That is not allowed,
I do post, PP's of races that have not run occasionally, but these few instances are done in the spirit of teaching, I am not selling these PP's.
I have been doing this "spirit of teaching" for about 18 years.

Anyway I just thought that if the group needed each day's track results entered into a group database, I could easily do another 1 or 2 tracks
Preferably these tracks would be ones I am recording for my own records,
Then it would just be a matter of some more copy and paste steps.

Let's wait till Ted comes back and see what he says

Good skill to all
Bill
Old 04-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #14
Dorianmode
always learning

Thanks Bill

Thanks Bill,

You're most likely right, what you say makes perfect sense ... and I do certainly hope you are.

Just being cautious ... but as you say, what is being shared is not the raw data, but our complex processed results of having made use of it.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hey, I'm here, working in Virginia Beach / Norfolk VA for the week

Bill's right - we cannot share raw PP or Chart data files: that violates Trackmaster/Equibase's Terms of Service. But I think it's great to share whatever Excel or Access databases of Factor Models people want to, as teaching tools - we've been doing that for years (as did Doc via The Follow Up).

You can't get TPR or Rx or Segments or VDC etc factor models from Equibase (or anywhere else).

And thanks Mick for kicking it off with that March summary, and Bill for running with this further! Also Bill Lyster for his copious spreadsheets earlier and ongoing.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #16
dlivery
Grade 1

End less pursuit to information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Hey, I'm here, working in Virginia Beach / Norfolk VA for the week

Bill's right - we cannot share raw PP or Chart data files: that violates Trackmaster/Equibase's Terms of Service. But I think it's great to share whatever Excel or Access databases of Factor Models people want to, as teaching tools - we've been doing that for years (as did Doc via The Follow Up).

You can't get TPR or Rx or Segments or VDC etc factor models from Equibase (or anywhere else).

And thanks Mick for kicking it off with that March summary, and Bill for running with this further! Also Bill Lyster for his copious spreadsheets earlier and ongoing.

Ted

Yes we or all soldiers in the trenches helping each out to better returns
Old 04-02-2018, 11:07 PM   #17
poweshow
AlwNW2X

1-2 tracks per day spread over even a few people would create such an incredible database in no time. I know the sharing question has already been answered (favorably for this project) but if anything this project would encourage playing/downloading tracks that you may not without extensive knowledge of the track.

If we do this I'd probably upload once a week and realistically I don't think anybody would be upset if you missed a day here or there... the big picture is just to begin compiling a massive database that we can all utilize and maximize our RDSS usage. Obviously we would want the more "committed" people to cover NYRA, Santa Anita/Del Mar and so on and so on... even 1 month of commitment from somebody would be massive for such an undertaking because as you all know, it's not the fastest process.

Anyways, I am in and highly interested in joining forces with anybody willing to participate.
poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #18
Bill V.
The egg man

I will get the ball rolling

Here is my start to the group spreapsheet

I have 3 track from today April 5 2018

GP OP and SA

Here is the file

MasterTemplate4_PaceandCaoGroup.xls
Old 10-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #19
Dorianmode
always learning

I looked at this data when it was posted, but was working on a better version of my own profiles, so always intended to look deeper, when I had time. I just looked at it again, and just wanted to thank Mick again for all these races. With the immanent inclusion/availability of the Bris Prime Power number in our data, I wanted to see how it was useful, (or not). It IS useful. There's a fortune in these race files, when used correctly, (actually there are probably many ways to use them ... not just "my way", so "correctly" is not exactly true ... ) you'll be shocked at what the two-horse win rate is, using BPP, and Tx-1 and Tx-2, AND the best of the RDSS classic evaluation numbers from profiles for each type of race.