Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 10-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #151
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks folks. It's confusing . Half the people who reported (some by email) on this tote continuity issue reported all was well with the latest test version - no stalling. The other half (reported above) reported no change - still a problem. This is the most difficult thing to debug - when I cannot duplicate a problem.

I'll keep on poking at it.

Re fetching TwinSpires Mutuels from button on Rx screens not working - TS changes things subtly, breaks stuff. I'm almost finished the change where login to TS is no longer required for quick Mutuels. Meanwhile, as Bill and Barb say - fetch them from the same Mutuels button on the Entries screen.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #152
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK, I have several examples now on my own computers of the tote stalling bug. I will get to the bottom of it!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-21-2018, 01:33 AM   #153
navyvet1994
Grade 3

downloaded PARX for 10/21. got the 10/21 horses but the 10/20 stats, scratches and Totes showed up How can I delete the file so i can reload it. Tried to just delete file but no joy.
navyvet1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:58 AM   #154
Dorianmode
always learning

re-downloading data

You could try un-checking "Don't Duplicate Tasks" under the tasks list. That should allow a new download.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #155
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyvet1994 View Post
downloaded PARX for 10/21. got the 10/21 horses but the 10/20 stats, scratches and Totes showed up How can I delete the file so i can reload it. Tried to just delete file but no joy.
Clinton, you don't need to re-download anything from TrackMaster, and it won't help. All you need to do is Re-assemble the race(s) you're interested in: on the Card Summary screen, right-click the race to re-assemble (like the message says to the right of the buttons). If you have already Assembled All the races, click the Clear Cache button, the click the Assemble All button).

The time of your post - 1:33am - is the key to the problem. At the time in the early morning, TwinSpires has not yet posted the next day's ProfitLine or Prime Power numbers for tomorrow's races - the available ratings are still TODAY's, plus yesterday's races' tote info is usually still available.

RDSS knows to not fetch Oct 21 TwinSpires Ratings if it is not yet Oct 21, but as soon as it IS Oct 21 (i.e. midnight in whatever timezone you're in) - it does. But that early in the day it is getting YESTERDAY's ratings, not the proper CURRENT day. In my testing, the TwinSpires Ratings become available sometime after 5am Eastern Time. Before then, it's iffy which ones you'll get.

In a future version (next one?) I must check more specifically that we don't fetch tote or TS Ratings info that don't belong explicitly to the correct race (correct date). And I have added a button to the next version I'm testing which simply refreshes the TS Ratings without having to re-assemble a race (which loses your paceline selections and Contender groupings).

Again, just re-assemble the races in question - after about 5am or so, that will fetch TODAY's TS Ratings and clear out tote values from yesterday.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-16-2018, 01:13 PM   #156
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
We had the 4 as an early scratch as opposed to the 1 which happened during the day, so when the race came into the Tote window, every time the Tote updated, the 5 got scratched.

I would go back and uncheck the 5, give it a line, but when the tote updated, scratch every time - until it was past post time

Name:  ScreenHunter_1091 Nov. 16 10.10.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  151.5 KB
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:07 PM   #157
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill, yes, still same with DMR as previously noted: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=119 and my reply following.

If DMR and SA would simply include Early Scratched horses in the list of runners like every other track, it would not be a problem.

I can and will fix this, eventually

MEANWHILE - I think this can work around it: disable tote in RDSS when it misbehaves, as follows:

1. Open the Configure File in the Configure Tab by clicking the Edit Configure File button.

2. Find the section in that Configure File beginning [General]. Add the following line: Tote_enabled=0 (that's a zero = 0)

3. Save the Configure File and close it.

4. Restart RDSS.

Now the toteboard including scratches will not be retrieved. When you want the toteboard again, either delete that newly added Tote_enabled setting, or change it to Tote_enabled=1.

This was a 'back-door' workaround to totebord misbehaviour I put in RDSS then forgot about . Next time DMR or SA omits an Early Scratch, try this workaround.

Again, I'll get it fixed as soon as I can.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #158
dlivery
Grade 1

Hey Ted
Are we able to get off topic on to this problem?
When running RDSS continues to crash.
When sorting pace lines by AUTO pilot
Old 11-17-2018, 08:09 PM   #159
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Don't drive RDSS (or your automobile) on AUTO pilot

Or - can you elaborate? Do feel free to start another thread about it.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #160
tleusin
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to tleusin
What does this mean I need to do to correct?
Attached Images

Last edited by tleusin; 12-28-2018 at 10:52 AM.
tleusin is offline   Reply With Quote