Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 10-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
When importing information with the Profitline button and the Mutuel Prices button after the days races, all changes to the races are made except changes to surface and (if necessary distance) when an off track. You have to watch for that and make the updates manually.

Pook
Correct. Surface and distance changes are not part of the ProfitLine data, thus they don't affect those changes. V2.1.048 addresses full cad scratch and change info.

ProfitLine was always just about getting the PL numbers, and a convenient by-product was updated Scratches.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-08-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #12
buzzm24
Grade 3

Password Security in 2.1

Not sure if this is a bug but I notice that the password under the Registration and the Configure tabs are not the typical ******* but display the actual password.
buzzm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:37 AM   #13
Mark
Grade 1

Consistent Error Message

As I am eliminating horses from the Win Contender window as I do in the process of handicapping each race, after a number of horses the following error message appears:Name:  Error Message.PNG
Views: 1144
Size:  100.9 KB.
I can work around this by clicking "OK" which causes the "Exit/Restart/Start Another dialog box to appear, by selecting "Cancel". This will make the Analysis>Original Screen go blank but by selecting any other tab and then selecting Original again I will see the screen as intended with the horse now down in the ITM section. As I do multiple horses I will have to repeat this process each time usually for 3 or 4 horses and then it will operate correctly.
Something that can be lived with but wastes time when there is time pressure to finish a race.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:09 PM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzm24 View Post
Not sure if this is a bug but I notice that the password under the Registration and the Configure tabs are not the typical ******* but display the actual password.
Buzz, it was a choice on my part to show the password. As often as not, in support requests, some of the problems had to do with not knowing what the password was. For example, sometimes people change their TrackMaster Password but forget to change it in RDSS. You can look up the Password in the Configuration file, but I thought it better to just display it. Perhaps a check-box which asks to display or not display the password, so folks can still get it if they need it.

Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
As I am eliminating horses from the Win Contender window as I do in the process of handicapping each race, after a number of horses the following error message appears:
Mark, if we can prevent the error message from occurring in the first place, your subsequent attempts to recover from the problem will be eliminated, of course.

I could not duplicate the error just now (or ever). You say you you are 'eliminating horses from the Win Contender window'. From your screenshot, I'm guess in you mean that you start with all horses having a paceline selected somehow. Then you look at each horse and remove the check from the Win Checkbox in the horse header section (the top section of the screenshot you show). This means that THIS horse is in the Non-contender group.

Did I understand that right?

Then you go to each next horse, sometimes doing the same thing. After a number of times doing this, you get the error message you show. is that right?

If so, I just did several several tests - with no problem - as follows. I selected the last paceline for every horse. Then I went to each horse in turn and removed the check from the Win Contender box in the horse header until I had removed them all. No errors.

Can you duplicate this problem at will? If so, can you describe your process in more detail, and show how it's different from what I described?

Thanks!

Ted

(BTW - I moved your post from the previous, general RDSS Users private forum to this Forum and Bugs List for V2.1)

R
DSS -
Old 12-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #16
Mark
Grade 1

Error Message

I'm not dreaming here and I know Alyosha has had the same problem as well.
I select the last line for all horses. I look at each horse beginning with the program generated E horses. Typically, when I have reviewed all horses, confirmed or reassigned a R/S and chosen a paceline, from the Analysis>Original screen I will move horses with P or SP or S from the Win Contender section to the ITM/Secondary Contenders section. That is when I begin to see the error message. I love the sort on R/S on these several screens because I have the horses listed in Win Contender section as E, EP and ITM section P. SP and S. Lastly I will cull runners out into the Non-contender section that will not meet the variegation or are just slow horses. But it doesn't give me that error as I remember when I do that. It appears to only want to accept so many horses in the SecondaryContenders/ITM section and then after a few more are moved down with the work around, the problem goes away.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #17
MikeB
Grade 1

I may have missed something, but I thought that installing 2.1 would put a second RDSS icon on the desktop. I did a straight install and RDSS 2.1 "took over" the existing RDSS 2 icon. I click on that icon and Ver. 2.1 opens.

No big deal for me, since I have yet to want to go back to 2.0, and it is easy enough to do it through the start menu.

I am using Win 10, and the RDSS version is 2.1.033.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #18
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Mike, I'll fix that.

Meanwhile, you can get 2 separate Desktop Icons, one for each version of RDSS (your previous one and the new testing version 2.1), by going to the folder where RDSS is installed (i.e. RDSS2 and RDSS2.1), right-clicking on the Application file RDSS2.EXE and choosing from the popup menu: Sent To / Desktop (create shortcut).

You already have a Desktop Icon for RDSS 2.1 (the icon V2.1 'took over') so all you need to do is go to your old RDSS (on folder RDSS2) and do the same thing to get a 2nd Desktop Icon which points to the old RDSS.

I am working on getting a new Icon for RDSS 2.1 so you can distinguish between old and new Shortcuts (RDSS horse pointing the other way ... 'a new direction ...' )

Hope that helps! Thanks for the feedback!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Regarding ProfitLine ranks - differences in TwinSpires readouts versus RDSS: you will notice that in the column labeled ProfitLine, showing an Odds number, the #3 and #5 have the same ProfitLine Odds = 9/2. In fact, there is an underlying probability number in the ProfitLine screen display (e.g. .1537) for each horse which translates into Odds (i.e. thats where the Odds come from). Thus, horses with the same Odds should be ranked the same, which is precisely what RDSS does. It does not look at PL Ranks, it looks at the probability number (or Odds).

I looked at hundreds of ProfitLine screens in adapting that number for display in RDSS. Whenever I saw tied PL Odds yet separate rankings - as best I could determine, the difference was ALWAYS that the tied PL Odds horse with the better ML rank was given the higher PL rank. Thus, for tied PL Odds, this becomes a composite ranking (PL + ML ranks). In RDSS, we already have ML ranks as a separate observation, so I wanted to keep them independent, especially since we are already giving both PL and ML (and other factors) weighting in coming up with the various Rx flavours.

So - that's the method: if tied PL Odds, then tied RDSS PL ranks. As Tim points out, it doesn't often happen, but better to treat those horses as equals rather than assume one is better, though NOT based on whatever goes into the ProfitLine rating.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Today 2-6 at Parx there are 4 races that are showing different rankings on the TS grid and RDSS. Race 1 RDSS has the 1 &1a ranked 2nd while TS just shows #1 ranked 2nd. In fact on the actual Profit line sheet at Brisnet the 1a ranks 4th and the 1 6th. In race 3 RDSS shows the 4 &6 tied at4 while TS shows the 6 4tth and the 4 5th which agrees with the PL sheet. In race 6 RDSS has the 2 entry tied as #1 and the 1 entry tied #4 while the PL sheet shows the 2 2nd the 2x 4th the 1 6th and the 1a 8th. Race 9 RDSS has the 1 entry #2 while the PL sheet has the 1a 2nd and the 1 10th. I have seen this problem with entries on the Twin Spires grid forever. It does not indicate which part is ranked higher and if both are actually in the top 5. The picture does change if there any late scrs in the race.
Tim G
Tim, sorry I did not look at PRX yesterday so did not download ProfitLine. If I had, I could comment on your observations. I have PRX for today: any problems with that?

Usually, I download ProfitLine everyday for all tracks (via the MyRaces ProfitLine button) - so going forward I can respond to any observed anomalies with how RDSS ranks PL. But check my explanation above to see if that covers it.

Ted

R
DSS -