Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
mick
Abiding Student

March 2018 Database for Download

Happy Easter, everyone!

Here is my March 2018 database for download. It has 240 sprints, 150 routes, 33 turf sprints and 85 turf routes. It's a pure "Master Template 4" database except that I've added the BRIS Prime Power rankings.

Ted has been generous to a fault with me and I want to pass it on. If you're interested in working with databases and statistics, I hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Mick_2018.xlsx (629.0 KB, 1078 views)

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:35 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Wow

Thank you
Mick, your DB will be very helpful, Are you using the best of last 3 perceptor
and default settings,?

I like the psychedelic color coding

Thank you for sharing

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #3
mick
Abiding Student

Bill,

Yes, default settings and almost all default pacelines, at least 95%, and certainly not enough to skew any results. Occasionally I'll change one that just can't be right but I don't do it often. (For example, distance overrules Perceptor when today's race is 7f and the selected line is 5.5f. I'll look for a line that's closer to 7f with similar ratings and sticks.) And of course, no maiden races.

Illustrated Glossary
Old 04-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
mick
Abiding Student

Color coding compliments of Ted.

Illustrated Glossary
Old 04-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #5
Mitch44
Grade 1

Mick excellent for those having problems with contender selection.

Mick any idea what the # 5 horse contributes to the factors from a % point as are the other ranks? This could be important for EX and TRi players as it may expose a counter energy horse etc. I noticed you did it with ranked 5+ which would include any horse in the race.

Thanks,
Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 04-01-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #6
mick
Abiding Student

Hi, Mitch.

I don't have that data now. It would require modifying the formulas at the bottom of the spreadsheet. That's probably the easiest approach. Or it could be done by importing the data into Access and running queries.

Illustrated Glossary
Old 04-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

Mick:
Forgetaboutit. ha ha Fooling with formulas can be troublesome. The 'Doc" always recommended 5 for a model. Not a big deal through. Those doing their own search etc, I would recommend 5 however 4 contenders are excellent for DD , P3 and lateral type bets.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:34 PM   #8
Bill V.
The egg man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Bill,

Yes, default settings and almost all default pacelines, at least 95%, and certainly not enough to skew any results. Occasionally I'll change one that just can't be right but I don't do it often. (For example, distance overrules Perceptor when today's race is 7f and the selected line is 5.5f. I'll look for a line that's closer to 7f with similar ratings and sticks.) And of course, no maiden races.
Thanks Mick

That is good to know, Now I can update my larger BLT3 records.
I have been picking all my own lines , and I have those results on a smaller
"FTL" spreadsheet, Ted showed me once how to have 2 RDSS's going.
Each with their own settings and pacelines. I dont think that computer works anymore, So right now I have to do my spreadheets one way or the other.

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #9
Dorianmode
always learning

Wow is right. Thanks !!
I've been working on the (same great) formulas which Ted developed, but that will correctly count and display data, but not change or disappear or count unwanted rows when a filter is used. It shouldn't take long, I'll post them when they're ready.
Thanks again.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:08 AM   #10
poweshow
AlwNW2X

Absolutely tremendous. I had a laptop complete bonk out and I lost 1000 races of data. I put so much work into it that I just couldn't bring myself to starting all over again. With your database I now have incentive to begin again.

I would absolutely be down to purchase a track or two everyday to add to one big database than a number of us could use and we could pass it around for data entry each week... if anybody is ever interested, let me know.
poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote